Final Fantasy 7

YARDofSTUF

[H]ard|Gawd
Been trying to reinstall this game, felt liek playing it again, but I cant get it to work.

It just goes to a black screen. Downloaded the 1.4 XP patch that says it makes it fully compatible with XP and I get the same issue.

System specs are in my sig.

Anyone had any luck getting this to work?

Doesn't this game require 8-bit palletized textures in order to work? In this case you're out of luck since support for this was dropped with the GeForce 6 and newer video cards. You can play it with the software renderer, but it will look like crap.

I remember playing this game on my older Win98 PC. It worked great with a Voodoo 1 card.

It wont work in software rendering mode, gets the same issue. A friend of mine said he was playing it on an XP box before.

No love with 95/98 compatibility mode.

EDIT: actually at the blank screen if I hit enter it brings up the new game or continue screen, but choosing new game brings me to a blank screen again, and I cant continue since I havent played it.

Onboard video for a P4B system. Even under software rendering I have no hope cuz of my video card?

Drop visit the "Game Tweaking" section here.
http://forums.qhimm.com/
If you don't find anything that can help you get it working, make a post and someone is likely to know exactly what the hell. While you're at it, be sure to look at all of the fun little tweaks that have sprung out of the community.

I had the game installed when I had windows 98 se, and I had the ps1 ver and the ps1 ver is better. Sound on the pc ver was all midi, in the final battle you could hear the womans voice on the song in the ps1 ver, not presen on the pc ver since they used midi. I used to keep a HD with windows 98se installed just to play some of the old games. Some of my old games back in the past required to installed some sort of glidewrapper in order to be compatible.

ellover009 said:
I had the game installed when I had windows 98 se, and I had the ps1 ver and the ps1 ver is better. Sound on the pc ver was all midi, in the final battle you could hear the womans voice on the song in the ps1 ver, not presen on the pc ver since they used midi. I used to keep a HD with windows 98se installed just to play some of the old games. Some of my old games back in the past required to installed some sort of glidewrapper in order to be compatible.

With a bunch of pactches I now have it runign at a higher res, higher quality characters and can put my own MP3s in.

Its absouletly great now.

Back