Finally got around to stealthing my optical drives

KnishofDeath

[H]ard|Gawd
1012977gn7.jpg

1012978ri7.jpg

1012979hb4.jpg

id like to do this to my new case as well. did you use double sided tape for the tray portion?

In my old case, tape would eventually wear out after the panel rubbed my case a bit, I just used some hot glue and everything worked fine.

Looks good!

very sleek dude, if i did'nt have a P182 i'd do that.

what model # case is that?

looks awesome, do you notice any additional noise or rattling?

lol at the FDD btw

I used velcrow for mine. I also did it in a way that I can still use the eject button. Just tap the right side and the drive opens. There was no extra noise, I cleaned up my cables and got rid of the floppy drive today too. Pictures in a few mins!

Btw its a Lian Li PC-65B

Now pop a card reader in, stealth it and that'll be even cooler.

Very clean! So clean in fact, I have to ask you this... Do you ever forget which bay has the drive? ;)

Looks great, I have not seen this done in a while, it was really popular when most of the good drives on the market were white and ungly, but now that there are black drives that look nice everyone just leaves them.

Its a really nice touch to round off that "classy sexy smooth case look"

NIce work.

I used velcrow for mine. <snip>

Velcro...WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT! I remember performing a stealth drive mod on an older case with double stick tape. First I cut away a little more than I should have on the drive bay covers (they looked chewed up on the edges :mad:), then the covers refused to stick to the drives permanently. I finally used some pieces of duct tape to get it to stay together (they still fell off), but now I just don't care anymore since the case sits inside the desk (the computer is now my sister's PC and she doesn't care either :D).

Excellent job on the drive stealthing, though :cool:

Back