Finding A8N32-SLI in stock (success)

Phixzet

Limp Gawd
Ok maybe this isn't news - but a search of the forum revealed no link to the vendor (Neximaging)..

I used a great price compariosn/search engine meta-search page. Let's you easily put in text in ONE field and then buttons to search several price comparison websites in other windows. (It's at http://www.pricesmack.com )

Neximaging has these in stock for $299.
Someone on eBay is selling them for $259. (They have 100% feedback score of 71)

I may hold off until ZZF or NE gets it, only so I can minimze all my HW shipments... But for me that search engine page is pretty handy.

i thought newegg was supposedly getting a shipment in today, but it seems like they took away the eta date and is still sold out

got mine from mwave.com keep an eye out it comes and goes.. lol

Actually I think Newegg got a shipment and simply ran out again. They had an ETA of 12/02/05 at 9:56am PST. I heard that their last shipment of A8N32's also ran out in under 20 minutes. But it seems likely that they did receive a shipment because they also stocked their A8N-SLI Premium boards that were sold out (I purchased one today).

Neslepax said:
they also stocked their A8N-SLI Premium boards that were sold out (I purchased one today).

I'm sorry to hear that.

Nah it's actually a good thing I did not impulse buy the latest mobo. The A8N32-SLI has horrible PCIX spacing. I have an Audigy2 card I need to put in a PCI slot, which would really make space tight and might cause a heat issue. the A8N-SLI Premium has better spacing.

Can you use one of the A8N SLI premium PCIE 16x slots at 16x, and the other in a non-video (RAID) application at 8x?

I still would prefer an A8N32 even though the slot spacing is CRAP. My god what were they thinking. That and the crappy sound are probably the only things "wrong" with that board?

Neslepax said:
Nah it's actually a good thing I did not impulse buy the latest mobo. The A8N32-SLI has horrible PCIX spacing. I have an Audigy2 card I need to put in a PCI slot, which would really make space tight and might cause a heat issue. the A8N-SLI Premium has better spacing.
Sorry... Have to say this...

Definitely horrible PCIX spacing. Spaced them right off the board. LOL

True about the PCIe spacing sucking... But with the A8N, you give up the benefits of the A8N32 (2 x16 PCIe slots for SLI).

Why is Asus the only company with a board using this chipset?

dave_graham said:
my distro is backordered by 1700 units on the Deluxe; 200 units on the Wifi edition

When do they expect more in, and how many do they expect to get in at that time?

Phixzet said:
When do they expect more in, and how many do they expect to get in at that time?

well, Synnex is a rather LARGE distributor (a tier 1 Intel distro, no less) so, i'm assuming that they'll be getting more in towards the middle of dec. i can try to find out more info on monday, if you like.

dave

:p I picked mine up at a brick and mortar shop. (computer builder's warehouse)

dave_graham said:
well, Synnex is a rather LARGE distributor (a tier 1 Intel distro, no less) so, i'm assuming that they'll be getting more in towards the middle of dec. i can try to find out more info on monday, if you like.

If it's not too much trouble - it may help determine how many of us decide to wait it out...

tyvm :)

no offense, but when i can tap a Deluxe for <200.00 and a wifi version for <215, $260 doesn't seem too attractive.

dave

uk availability is non-existant, ive been waiting since 22nd of november and scan says they have no idea when they are comming even though they are a premier asus reseller. In any case the guy at scan said they are trying to source some from multiple distributers and could have 100 or so this week.

Basicaly I have everything ready except the mobo and a second leadtek 512MB GTX, add to the list a plextor PX-760SA and a pair of 147GB Raptors.

Take it how ever you want guys........If the $240 was gotten including local tax, then good for you, and Dave, you are comparing apples and oranges. Consider the hit I take accepting PayPal, plus what USPS Priority w/DC shipping costs (all I use), don't fault me for making about $10 on either of these. I was pointing out they are here and people are having to wait. Makes no difference to me, I'm using one and they're great.

Toonage said:
Take it how ever you want guys........If the $240 was gotten including local tax, then good for you, and Dave, you are comparing apples and oranges. Consider the hit I take accepting PayPal, plus what USPS Priority w/DC shipping costs (all I use), don't fault me for making about $10 on either of these. I was pointing out they are here and people are having to wait. Makes no difference to me, I'm using one and they're great.

point made. :)

dave

Toonage said:

I don't think anyone meant to insult you for selling them at that price...if people are buying them at that price, then why NOT sell them at that price? I would. However, the thread was about finding the boards in stock, and if someone got them cheaper than $260 then they will mention it in the thread.

I am surprised that there is a shortage of them now. Just yesterday I went to a brick and mortar store and they had 8 in stock. *shrug* Usually mobos don't get sold out that quickly...

Leright said:
I don't think anyone meant to insult you for selling them at that price...if people are buying them at that price, then why NOT sell them at that price? I would. However, the thread was about finding the boards in stock, and if someone got them cheaper than $260 then they will mention it in the thread.

I am surprised that there is a shortage of them now. Just yesterday I went to a brick and mortar store and they had 8 in stock. *shrug* Usually mobos don't get sold out that quickly...

What store and what location? :confused:

I just finally found one!!!, and ordered from Next Intl. here

I gave up on newegg, and tiger.

Motley said:

The Real question do they really have it in stock? But congrats great board..

Motley said:

I just got one from there too, my question is also, hopefully they do have them, will give them a call today to confirm, since I made the order over the weekend. If they do, this would have my own x-ams present and finally be able to build this SOB :D . I have a copy of Call of Duty 2 which I am itching to play.

EDIT: Just got a call and email from them, they will deliver my MOBO by the end of the day and give a tracking #. Finally. BTW I paid like $250, more than I would I have wanted to pay but my other parts have been collecting dust because this board, so hopefully it's worth it! :D :cool:

Fry's Electronics has the board on sale at their B&M stores ONLY, not Outpost.com. Price $249.99 + Tax. I They had < 10 at most of their stores. SKU is 4612868, and this is a Rev 1.01 board. They usually only get 3-10 at a time. I bought mine at the Arlington, Texas Fry's on Black Friday. This past Friday (12/02) they had TWO. As of yesterday, they have NONE in the DFW area. Your best chance is Fry's, just keep checking, and give them the SKU. Don't forget with the SKU, they can check their entire Corporate Inventory. Even if they don't have one in your area, maybe a buddy in another area can get if for you. Price with tax is high ($270.62 in Arlington), but this this is a cutting edge board, and you get what you pay for. I think mine is worth every penny.

qdemn7 said:
Fry's Electronics has the board on sale at their B&M stores ONLY, not Outpost.com. Price $249.99 + Tax. I They had < 10 at most of their stores. SKU is 4612868, and this is a Rev 1.01 board. They usually only get 3-10 at a time. I bought mine at the Arlington, Texas Fry's on Black Friday. This past Friday (12/02) they had TWO. As of yesterday, they have NONE in the DFW area. Your best chance is Fry's, just keep checking, and give them the SKU. Don't forget with the SKU, they can check their entire Corporate Inventory. Even if they don't have one in your area, maybe a buddy in another area can get if for you. Price with tax is high ($270.62 in Arlington), but this this is a cutting edge board, and you get what you pay for. I think mine is worth every penny.

Did you get the Wi-Fi version? Does Fry's sell teh WiFi version? I've gone to BrokawFry's but they had none in stock even the one on display was gone. I was asking the workers whether or not it was theWiFiversionand they had no idea.
:(
250 is so pricey to fork out for this mobo especially when it isn't the WiFi version.

zbuddah said:
Did you get the Wi-Fi version? Does Fry's sell teh WiFi version? I've gone to BrokawFry's but they had none in stock even the one on display was gone. I was asking the workers whether or not it was theWiFiversionand they had no idea.
250 is so pricey to fork out for this mobo especially when it isn't the WiFi version.
No it's the standard version, not the WiFi. And yes it's expensive.

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Ordered it last Wed from ncix.com. Total with shipping to USA $250. They since have run out, but have more coming in soon.

I could of bought them at a canadian retailer at $264.95(CND) for the past 2 weeks, and its in stock to boot, not that much of an achivement :p

zbuddah said:

I talked to one of the Fry's employees on Black Friday and he didn't think that the WiFi edition would be in stock until January. Supposedly they make plans for a display layout for the motherboards and the WiFi edition wasn't on the any of them. I brought it from the Sugarland Fry's in Houston for 239.

Chilly said:
I could of bought them at a canadian retailer at $264.95(CND) for the past 2 weeks, and its in stock to boot, not that much of an achivement :p

Wasn't bragging. :mad: Just an FYI

Jasonx82 said:
what would u guys think of A8n32 with Lian Li V1200 :confused:
Bad idea! The mobo mounts upside down in those type of LL case. That means the heatpipes would not work right.

Back