Finially bought acer x222

sodman12

n00b
I am very happy with the monitor. No dead pix. And really nothing to complain about so far. I have not been able to set it to its max resolution yet so when I do i will post pictures and whatnot.

But would deff reccomend it to anyone looking for a glossy screen lcd.

http://sdobart.com/upload/pupload/view/114

Pics are there. I will post more later.

Definitely awaiting pictures. Is the reason you aren't able to set it to the max (native) resolution because of the lack of drivers? I am considering this LCD, but the lack of drivers makes it seem as if setup might not be very smooth. Although, it is a monitor, so how big of a deal could it be?

Also, I always have my room lit pretty well, are you going to be using yours in a similar setting? Kinda hoping a bright room won't deter the effects of a glossy screen.

I dig my dual Acer 22"s. Once I set my colors correctly with digital vibrance cranked with nvidia CP, they are good to go. (non-glossy model)

Just set up my wife's X222Wbd last night and I have to say, I'm very impressed with it for the price I paid.

I don't know about the OP but it deteced 1280x1024 as soon as I plugged it in (what I had that computer set at before) and I just changed it over to 1680x1050 and it worked like a charm. Detected it as a plug and pray monitor, for WinXP Home. Fired up a few games (WoW, FarCry, HL2) and it's a great picture. I saw no ghosting at all, the colors were excellent out of the box on the X850XT PE in that computer. I really am impressed. No dead pixels, either. I have a few lights in that room, and the "glare factor" due to the glossy screen was not noticeable at all. One light is right to the side of the monitor, and another is over the shoulder behind it, in a semi well lit room.

The only downsides, minor as they are, no height adjustment, and the glossy screen / gloss black case I think will be dust / fingerprint magnet. So I would recommend getting a good microfiber cloth to have hand to wipe if off when needed.

Definitely worth a look if you are thinking of spending $275-$300 shipped. If I were gonna add another monitor to my own computer, I would not hesitate to get another one of these.

I will post picutres hopefully tonight.

Yeah the computer I have it connected to is the problem.

My new computer im awating an RMA part so i might just take it to a friends house and connect there.

Also is this monitor able to be tilited? It seems like it doesnt want to and Im really not in the mood to force it a break something. Any Ideas?

I will post picutres hopefully tonight.

Yeah the computer I have it connected to is the problem.

My new computer im awating an RMA part so i might just take it to a friends house and connect there.

Also is this monitor able to be tilited? It seems like it doesnt want to and Im really not in the mood to force it a break something. Any Ideas?

Yep, tilt away. I just put one hand underneath it and pulled while I had my other hand on the top (on top of a microfiber cloth) and pushed. Felt like it has some "settings" or "notches" in the tilt, so that it will stay where you put it.

Yeah just got it had to take it off the stand so i could do it with out feeling like i was breaking it. The instructions are really limited on this thing. But the good thing is there printed in 15 languages.:D

Glad to hear you like the monitor! I'm awaiting mine back via RMA (I had a stuck pixel and newegg was nice enough to allow a replacement).

Lets see those pics! Looking to upgrade my 19" LCD and the X222 caught my eye the other day.

My Samsung 204b just developed a horizontal line of dead pixels when I got home today and turned on the monitor so it looks like I need a new monitor. This monitor caught my eye and I think I'm gonna grab it from newegg. Make sure to post your complete thoughts/pictures when you get a chance.

Posted pics at the top.

Let me know what you want pic's of and i will take and post more.

Thanks for the pictures. If you could, take a picture while the screen is displaying all black to show the backlight bleed. Strongly thinking about getting one of these. :)

I tried taking one of those but it turned out bad. Make it look like 1/4 of the screen on the bottom was bleeding. I will try again tomorrow night. Would definitely buy another one of these with out hesitation. Ill try to get non blurry pic's as well. This is with a vga cable btw. Ill have dvi next week.

I'm quite interested in this monitor. It's a 22" and it's glossy.

The only downside to this monitor is that the vetrical viewing angle is bad and there is backlight bleeding. The bleeding doesnt bother me at all and frankly cannot see how it would bother anyone.

The only downside to this monitor is that the vetrical viewing angle is bad and there is backlight bleeding. The bleeding doesnt bother me at all and frankly cannot see how it would bother anyone.

The vertical viewing angle is bad for almost, if not all TN panels, though. Shelling out for a higher-end panel just isn't an option for many (including myself). I just adjust the tilt and am done with it. It is not as if you bounce up and down at your desk anyway, lol.

Yeah. But once you get like 4-5 feet from the screen the problem goes away so its not a big deal for movies for larger groups of people watching.

The vertical viewing angle is bad for almost, if not all TN panels, though. Shelling out for a higher-end panel just isn't an option for many (including myself). I just adjust the tilt and am done with it. It is not as if you bounce up and down at your desk anyway, lol.

I totally agree, I don't think I've ever given a thought to the viewing angles as a key spec for buying a monitor.

The bleed on my monitor isn't noticeable at all. (my opinion). I think this panel is a great deal for the price.

Back