First Review of X1950XTX from VR-Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrjminer said:
They either took it off or are editing it I guess, no longer showing up

Found why:

what was the data?
seems strange thay would let them do a review then tell them to pull it like that....

InorganicMatter said:
I agree with Razor here, and anyone who has overclocked will as well. Memory speed is not nearly as effective on speed as core speed is. Boosting the memory by a few hundred megahertz will not boost the FPS by that same percent. Now, take that alone with the fact that VR-Zone's numbers are showing a 46% increase in FPS after a 37% increase in clock speed.

Sorry fallguy, I'm definetely not trying to advocate nVidia or put down ATI here, but I know BS when I smell it. VR-Zone published a BS "review" to get hits on their site, and it's a simple as that.

That may be, they wont be the first to have done it, if they did. I dont read their reviews, I dont know how trustworthy they are. Some numbers do look fishy, but as I said, Im not going to pretend to know what they should be. I like FS, [H], B3D, and Rage3D the best personally. Anand used to be good... not so much now. I dont make it a point to read any others.

fallguy said:
This isnt new news, different games, get a different performance boost from new cards.
Well, obviously. Not the point I was trying to make here.

Question the boost itself. Close to 50%? Do you think that's realistic?

Fallguy, dude, just please relax...

it's not just razor who's showing you other results that don't match with what you're saying...
Let's all wait a bit more... it won't kill anyone and the thread will move on

;)

Let's keep an eye out for new posts from Shamino

razor1 said:
Thats for a 1900gt ;) an xt crossfire setup will almost always beat a single gx2.

I concur. I think a X1900XTX crossfire system is about as good as it gets for an all around multi GPU solution (FPS and IQ).

Lets keep this conversation on topic. If you want to discuss bias, do it via PM.

Not sure what these first 2 reviews tell us. I am with Fallguy and will wait for a couple of more dependable reviewers.

Actually with all this discussion about how to force high quality on nvidia cards - not sure if these side by side fps comparisons are worth anything, but a nice arguement disputing any and all results. :p

nekrosoft13 said:

I clicked on several of your links and they were all dead. Then I clicked on one that worked (the neoseeker url's), and happened to noticed they were benchmarking X1900
GT (as opposed to XTX) against the 7950 GX2. Even then they seemed to trade blows evenly.

It's fairly common sense, since 7950GX2 is significantly downclocked versus a 7900GTX, that it's not generally speaking going to beat CF X1900XT's.

At 1600*1200 4XAA/16AF the GX2 does tend to come out ahead of X1900XT crossfire, crossfires party trick is that it excels with high levels of AA 6x+.. etc... Also there is no XTX crossfire.. ;)

Personnally I never use more then 4xAA especially at high resolutions.. And performance difference between Q and HQ is minimal not even worth mentioning unless your from rage3d of course. :D

Half decent review here.. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/nvidia-gf7950gx2.html

Well, does anyone remember what resolutions these tests were run at? I think that Nvidia's official stance has always been that Quad-SLI is intended for super-high (like 2500x whatever--my monitor can't even go that high ><) resolutions. I'd highly doubt that anything ATI has out would be able to touch Quad-SLI at those resolutions, but I suppose it is possible that it beats it out when the additional GPU's aren't really doing much.

I mean, clearly, the hardware that Nvidia's 7950 has is good enough on paper to where there is no possible way for it to lose to any single ATI card--and the same should theoretically apply to SLI/Crossfire setups. It just seems more to me that, above all else, it would be a driver issue in any case where a 7950 loses to an ATI card (ie, scaling, utilizing all GPU's, etc..).

Anyways, I severely doubt the results of these tests anyways; I don't think that the differences are actually that large, though there probably will be some differences.

Justinkoko said:
the site is all garbled..

is it just me?
The website had to remove the review from their website because the launch date was pushed back to a month from today.

PCMusicGuy said:
The benchmarks for the new ATI card look good regardless of any comparisons to other cards. If it actually comes in at the $399 dollar price point I'll certainly pick one up.

Exactly.
Enough bickering about which company is better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back