First Timer at Counter Strike and had a question...

Are there any solid game servers that anyone knows of that i can play on..theres hundreds and i tried a few but i just wanted to see if there were more popular ones out there...thanks for any help

Using steam, what you can do is filter out servers with no people playing, password protected, and then after a list renew, click on the latency or ping tab in the server list. Click till you get the lowest ping servers at the top, and from there look for servers with a lot of people playing, while having a low ping.

You really just have to keep looking. There are a lot of mods out now to fit any play style from traditional, to deathmatch, gun game, low gravity, zombie mod, surf, rpgmod, war3mod, etc.

there's 3-pg. (Google 3 point games, they've got a website)

If you want to have fun with some GunGame. Get your mic on:
66.150.214.50:27015

I would recommend playing single map servers until you get to know them. Knowing the map is a huge part of being a decent cs player. My personal favorite is probably de_dust2.

Good luck getting into CS now...you will get frustrated beyond belief...it is fun though! And the above advice about choosing single maps only until you get a feel for it, is spot on!

Yeah CS can be frustrating until you play for a few days. I usually play a couple rounds on the stock maps, and then search for ones with some custom maps. I personally avoid de_dust servers like the plague because I'm overly tired of that one ;)

Back