Flashing a x1600 Pro to 16 pipelines

dclam

Weaksauce
I've been hearing from several poeple that it is possible to flash the bios and the card so it uses all 16 pixel pipelines instead of just 12. Can someone give me detail on this and also instructions on how to do this?

well, that is what im asking. supposedly (and this is only supposedly) the other pipelines are there, just not active. i heard this happened once before with several revisions of the x800 series, and since i was told you could flash the x1600, i only assumed it might be true for this card as well.

dclam said:
I've been hearing from several poeple that it is possible to flash the bios and the card so it uses all 16 pixel pipelines instead of just 12. Can someone give me detail on this and also instructions on how to do this?
the x1600ro only has 4 REAL pipelines and 12 shaders(3 shaders each pipe).

Borgschulze said:
Haha, isn't the core only designed with 12 Pipelines...
Yes that's correct

dclam said:
well, that is what im asking. supposedly (and this is only supposedly) the other pipelines are there, just not active. i heard this happened once before with several revisions of the x800 series, and since i was told you could flash the x1600, i only assumed it might be true for this card as well.
What was true for certain x8xx series cards does not apply here; sorry :(

Back