Folding Farm Spreadsheet

gwarren007 said:
Not to question your decision on that board, but won't you want a 965 for the quad cores?
You would need a V/C -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070
gwarren007

The board suggested is for the Core Duo processor. That is the original Dual core Mobile processors. Also, when recomending boards, going with onboard video is better to avoid the cost of a video card for the boxen.

ICE_9 said:
The board suggested is for the Core Duo processor. That is the original Dual core Mobile processors. Also, when recomending boards, going with onboard video is better to avoid the cost of a video card for the boxen.

I don't know about the idea of integrated video. I've generally found that it's $10-15 extra, whereas I can pick up old used PCI video cards at the local shop for $5 tops.

Bill Clo said:
I don't know about the idea of integrated video. I've generally found that it's $10-15 extra, whereas I can pick up old used PCI video cards at the local shop for $5 tops.

Some of the newer boards have a new rev on the PCI slots that won't support the older cards. Also, suggesting using PCI-E boards VS AGP only because GPU folding may get much bigger and having a dedicated folding machine with a dedicated folding graphics card would be nice.

As for the Core Duo board suggested, the only two boards they have for them on newegg both have onboard graphics.

I think the cost is negligible and being able to stick to a smaller form factor without having to get the cards or adding space for the cards in my server rack is worth getting onboard video.

Is the original author/maintainer of the spreadsheet still around? Hasn't been updated since April it appears.

Is the original author/maintainer of the spreadsheet still around? Hasn't been updated since April it appears.

I don't think so and it terribly need a update with the latest price cuts :eek:

I don't think so and it terribly need a update with the latest price cuts :eek:

Yes, I'm still around, just quieter than normal (hell, I was quiet before lol).... I've just been really busy recently... I apologize for the lack of updates since April... This summer has been rough with work and personal life... my dad passed away a few weeks ago (very sudden)... and I've been trying to study for my Prof. Engineering test... So basically, most things Folding-related have been put on hold...

I need to do another major update/overhaul to the spreadsheet, I just haven't found the time to do so... I may have a little bit of time today at work (most everyone is still out), so you guys might see one later.... of course, that depends on whether or not my VB code still works with the websites.....

Yes, I'm still around, just quieter than normal (hell, I was quiet before lol).... I've just been really busy recently... I apologize for the lack of updates since April... This summer has been rough with work and personal life... my dad passed away a few weeks ago (very sudden)... and I've been trying to study for my Prof. Engineering test... So basically, most things Folding-related have been put on hold...

I need to do another major update/overhaul to the spreadsheet, I just haven't found the time to do so... I may have a little bit of time today at work (most everyone is still out), so you guys might see one later.... of course, that depends on whether or not my VB code still works with the websites.....

Glad to hear you :) Sorry for your sudden loss so take your time.

Okay guys.... I updated the Intel Socket 775 page... took most of the day to grab all the new CPUs and put in all the info/etc...

Let me know what you guys think....

Edit.. Socket F is updated... goes pretty quick when one store has all the CPUs lol

I might be able to get the Socket AM2s updated before I leave work....

Updated the AM2 sheet....

I added in single core AM2s and added alot of the newer X2s/etc.... it went from 30ish to 75ish.... I still need to do alot of work, but here it is in the mean time..... I need to enter in the wattage for all the CPUs, some have it, some don't.... and it threw off the sorting a bit.... I also need to get the order codes for all the CPUs put in... I may get to it today, but I doubt it....

Let me know what you guys think

..... This summer has been rough with work and personal life... my dad passed away a few weeks ago (very sudden)... and I've been trying to study for my Prof. Engineering test......

Sorry for your loss. That is very sad news.

Sorry for your loss. That is very sad news.

Thank you... it's been a rough few weeks... yesterday would've been my parent's 36th anniversary.... and Monday was 3 weeks since he passed away... considering that he wasn't sick/in the hospital/etc before he had an "acute cardiac event: duration 1 min", it was a shock to us all... we knew it would happen someday (family history/etc) but we assumed there would be warning....

back on-topic though.... I updated the AM2 spreadsheet again with all the wattages/etc.... so the prices and sorting should be more true.....

On another note.... I'm thinking about getting rid of Chief Value as a store... Maybe I'm just hitting them on a day when they're making alot of changes, but every time I updated today, more and more of their links were not found/etc... Anyone have any input/thoughts about replacing them with someone else? or just cutting it down by one store?

I buy almost exclusively from New Egg . com.

There may be better stores, or cheaper stores, but I am not aware of them. When I have had a problem... and there have been times when I had problems... New Egg took care of me very well. And gave me a free t-shirt for my trouble.

OSUguy98 -
Very sorry for your family. Unexpected death is the worst. That's why I fold.
I just made the 2000 hit on your website and REALLY appreciate it.

Hang in there

Back