For sale! Parting out my desktop, I need money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
I'd like to get rid of this stuff ASAP! I need the money, so if you don't like my prices, give me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. Offer to buy multiple things, and maybe I can drop some money off the asking price. And thanks for looking!

Pending --- First up is an ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard. Even though it has been superceded, this is still a great board, and a recent check on Newegg shows it is going for $330 after rebate. $200 is what I am asking for currently. This board has only been used for 6 months, and I used it to EASILY overclock my i7 920 (C0) to 4.2GHz on water, althogh I ran it at 4.0GHz daily, since that power draw exceeded my battery backup, and it would occasionally whine at me. I will include all accessories (maybe not SATA cables, I don't remember which ones came with it. Let me know if you need some I can scrounge some up).

SOLD! --- Next, I have one Kingston 64GB SSDnow V-series disc. I used these in RAID0 and was very pleased with the performance. I did not do any scientific testing on them, although the seat-of-the-pants experience was really good, and I could definitely tell a difference in loading time in games as well as file transfers and things like compressing files. These are only about 3 months old each, and I will sell them for $75 each. Get both of them for the same price as you could get one on Newegg and get almost double the performance! (did have two, one is still available)

SOLD! --- I also have an Intel i7 920 C0 CPU. I bought this chip shortly after launch, and it has shown some decent overclocking potential for a C0. Like I said I got it to 4.2GHz stable although the power draw was too much for me to consider worth-while (my room has terrible insulation and in the summer it gets hot real quick) and my battery backup wouldn't cope with the power draw either. The voltage was at 1.37 or something like that, if you are curious. It was water cooled for the past 6 months, and temperatures never got above 70C, and for the past 3-4 months it was idling most of the time anyway so it was pretty close to ambient. Haven't had any issues with this chip. $100

SOLD! --- Swiftech Apogee XT waterblock. I'll sell this for $50, and some of the pins inside the block are bent, but from what I understand damn near all of them have this issue. It still performs quite well, though. For this price, you can get one of the best water blocks out there for the price of a midrange solution.

SOLD! --- XSPC dual bay pump/reservoir combo. This is not the version with the Laing pump. It's not published anywhere what the pump is. Make an offer. This thing works well, and the pump is silent. I used it for just my CPU and a dual 120mm radiator, so I can't comment on how well it deals with complicated loops.

SOLD! --- Swiftech dual 120mm radiator. Again, make an offer. It works well, and seems to dissipate heat as well as can be expected, it's overkill for my loop but it did its job great.

All prices include shipping. I will ship FedEx ground, as I get a low rate through my job, which will help me pass the savings along to you (and help myself get out of some debt!)

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the interest.

Last edited:
dibs on i7, I already pmed at a little after 5, so I guess we'll see who got there first...

EDIT: lol...not me...

Updated OP. The i7 is sold, I got about 42 PMs about it, wow lol.

One Kingston SSD is sold, the other is still available.

Damn..! Someone got a hell of a deal on that i7! If I didn't already have a Intel SSD I'd grab that one off you... wow!

Updated OP. Sale pending on Apogee XT, the SSDs are both gone now. Only thing left is the Rampage II Extreme. It's a very good motherboard! At $200 for the performance it is a steal!

Updated OP. The i7 is sold, I got about 42 PMs about it, wow lol.

One Kingston SSD is sold, the other is still available.

were you really surprised...? you were selling it at about 40% retail...lol...

great deal for whichever of you bass turds beat me to it...

;)

I'm the bastard :) Great deal though, saved like $30

Someone should pickup that ASUS Rampage board - maybe you should start a new thread - the title you have now doesn't show what you are selling

Free bump

CORRECTION: $30 + the Mail In Rebate Hassle

Last edited:
Thanks for the purchases folks.

Everything that has been paid for is now picked up by FedEx :)

The board may be pending, waiting to hear back on it, so I may end up making a new thread if that falls through.

And to wol-va-rine I was surprised since I put stuff up here before at a steal before and I never got nearly as much of a response as that. I guess the 920 is still a hot commodity :)

I like to price things cheap on here because if I'm selling it online it's because I really need it gone and I'd rather not wait a while for someone to stumble across my thread. Thanks to all who did though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back