For those using a Indiilinx Barefoot based SSD..

SicKlown42012

2[H]4U
While looking at some SSD forums, I found a link to this little program. It was created by an end user, and it allows you to monitor the health, write cycle count, and other information. It even shows you the amount of data both read and written to your drive. The link is to a site in German. I scanned the file with MSE, and it came out clean.

Link : http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f227/tool-indilinx-ssd-status-676299.html

Screenshot :

Last edited:
I assume that health equals theoretical drive life remaining. I wonder how SSD manufacturers would feel about that stat.

I assume that health equals theoretical drive life remaining. I wonder how SSD manufacturers would feel about that stat.

They're ok with it. This program reads this information from SMART, which the manufactures include. For all we know, that number can be highly inflated since we don't know exactly how it's calculated.

I dont get it. Mine say trim is TRUE and i'm still using firmware 1.3 because I can't update it on a Nforce 680i board... And 1.3 doesn't support trim.

uhh.png

Are you on Windows 7? If so, then it's possible that the program is just using using the "DisableDeleteNotify" command and reporting the results from there. That only tells you if the OS supports TRIM, and not the drive. If you're using Vista or XP, then that means there is something wrong with the way the program is reading the data. Does the 1.3FW support Garbage Collection? I'm wandering if it just groups the two together.

They're ok with it. This program reads this information from SMART, which the manufactures include. For all we know, that number can be highly inflated since we don't know exactly how it's calculated.

"Indilinx have now changed the way drive life is calculated maybe 3 times, because of this 3rd party tools may NOT be accurate. I have a tool from Indilinx that shows drive life BUT I have been ordered to NOT distribute it to end users. When Indilinx release a tool for end user use we will have it here on the forum for you."

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...ertex-SSD-Life&p=496776&viewfull=1#post496776

Back