Free vs FAR?

Where should FAR (Free After Rebate) things go?

• Hot Deals

Votes: 126 90.0%
  • Free Stuff

Votes: 14 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScubaSteve

[H]F Junkie
What do you guys think... Should FAR (Free After Rebate) items go in "Hot Deals" or "Free Stuff"?

Personally I think Free Stuff should be strictly for things that are completely free, don't have to put ANY money up front.

We will go with majority opinion.

ScubaSteve said:
Personally I think Free Stuff should be strictly for things that are completely free, don't have to put ANY money up front.

Exactly what I was thinking.

If I'm browsing the "Free Stuff" forum, then I'm not looking to get my wallet out for anything, even if I do get all my money back.

Ya MIR stuff should go in Hotdeals cause half the time you dont get your money back so it is rarely actually free.

Free stuff = stuff you probably won't get

FAR = stuff you get, but then don't get the rebate.

I concur with the other posters. Even though the definition of Free After Rebate is something for nothing, rebates can sometimes be sketchy, so the product may not actually be free.

Keep FAR in Hot Deals; b/c they are never really "free" after rebate, you always end up being out the tax ;) Technicalities, but it true :D

Keep it in [Hot]Deals - but let people know in the Subject!

Don't make me get into it to find out how much I have to spend to save 6 weeks from now.

Nomad said:
Keep it in [Hot]Deals - but let people know in the Subject!

Don't make me get into it to find out how much I have to spend to save 6 weeks from now.
That is if you actually do get the money.

I think that if it is a free after rebate item, the title should include "FAR" or something to that effect.

Just my $.02

FrothyByte said:
I think that if it is a free after rebate item, the title should include "FAR" or something to that effect.

Just my $.02
How about something like: Product XXX $20, FAR

hot deals because you have to pay up front and wait god knows how long to receive.

ScubaSteve said:

Ditto.

synoptism said:
If I'm browsing the "Free Stuff" forum, then I'm not looking to get my wallet out for anything, even if I do get all my money back.

quoted for wisdom

[H]ot|Deals. If you don't get the rebate (which happens often :rolleyes: ), then it wouldn't be very free, now would it? ;)

Back