Freeware Partitioner?

Cerealbox

n00b
Quick question all, what, in you opinion is the best freeware partitioner, aside from reinstalling the os?? Thanx all.

I wouldn't trust just any old freeware partitioner. Especially since Windows will do everything you need. I use gdisk (whish comes with ghost) to clear the partitions...and then XP's setup to create them.

Well here is the problem from what i read on "www.theeldergeek.com" on XP is that xp will not size down a partition for you, and since i only have one massive patition, i can't size it down to create unallocated space for creation of logical drives on that partition, which is why i for a partitioner

Cerealbox said:
Well here is the problem from what i read on "www.theeldergeek.com" on XP is that xp will not size down a partition for you, and since i only have one massive patition, i can't size it down to create unallocated space for creation of logical drives on that partition, which is why i for a partitioner

So what your looking for is a freeware program like Partition Magic?

exaclty, but preferably one that someone has used and can vouch for it :p, beggars can't be choosers i know, but i'm gonna try anyway

in all actuality, i have one, nabbed it from "majorgeek.net/com" (forgot which) ...
called partition manager.... haven't installed it, jsut have the zip file... wanted to know what ppl thought about this before i do something that i would SERIOUSLY regret....

YUP, ranish is the one, thanx all!!
now i only have to decide to use the stable 2.40 or the beta 2.44 :p

Back