Fry's B&M i5 750 + eVGA P55 FTW $300

engiNURD

Fully [H]
$300 - $15MIR -- Intel Core i5 750 CPU + EVGA P55 FTW 132-LF-E657-KR (#6033758)

Did a search, didn't see it. B&M only. Retail CPU.
http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=8419165&advid=32664&type=

and if you need RAM, they have a decent kit:
$70 -- 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 2x2GB A-Data XPG Gaming Series 1.65v-1.85v (AX3U1600GB2G9-AG) (#6047968)

and if you need a better-than-stock cooler:
$10 - $10MIR -- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Universal 92mm CPU HSF 3x Direct Heatpipes RR-910-HTX3-GP (#5940604)

And if you don't live near a Fry's... check my FS thread, lol!

Last edited:
Wow...thats a good deal. Too bad i'm broke. I would be all over this. The board alone costs more than that from New Egg.

Yeah, saw this earlier. May pick it up after work.

Do you guys think I should make the jump onto the i5 deal? Or go with a q9550? Or go with the PhII965 combo they have? Or get the x3 710 for 50 bucks and a mobo that will unlock it for cheap?! Sorry for all the questions but Im excited!

Last edited:
i5. unless you have a s775 mb and all the other stuff you nned for the q9550, and are coming from something like a 4300, or 5300 or 7200.

Im coming from an old e6300.My motherboard should support it, its a msi p7n platinum.
Dam man with that ram being kinda cheap its hella tempting! Imma have to think hard about this! I hope this guy hurries up and buys my car audio stuff so I can choose!

I only have TigerDirect in my city and their prices always stay the same. TD never has any big sale on their PC components, but they are quick to give away a TV though.

Can anyone verify if these deals are usually company wide or just at certain stores?

They are almost always company wide. If they aren't it's typically because they don't have the item in stock at all locations.

Do you guys think I should make the jump onto the i5 deal? Or go with a q9550? Or go with the PhII965 combo they have? Or get the x3 710 for 50 bucks and a mobo that will unlock it for cheap?! Sorry for all the questions but Im excited!
I prefer the i5 processor over the amd 965, yet I can't rationalize it being a 100 dollars more.

Another way to look at the deal is you can buy the 965 for 199 after rebate. Microcenter (if you have one nearby) offers the 9550 for 159. The 965 is faster, and you can seriously sell your old cpu and motherboard for at least 40 bucks.

Can anyone verify if these deals are usually company wide or just at certain stores?

Almost always the deals are company wide. Regardless I post the plus in my posts when I do a fry's post so you can call ahead to see if it in stock as well as if your area has the same price.

Another way to look at the deal is you can buy the 965 for 199 after rebate. Microcenter (if you have one nearby) offers the 9550 for 159. The 965 is faster, and you can seriously sell your old cpu and motherboard for at least 40 bucks.

Got my i5 for same price (159) from MC. now to find a good heatsink on newegg.....

Finally seeing some good deals from Frys.

yea, I work there, frys is going back to heavy negative sales, trust me these things are below cost, but if you wanna get them, get them first day of ad, because you wont find them on a saturday guranteed, sold out of the ftw boards and all the phenom 965 combos today.

I saw this deal on the eVGA hot deals, its insane. I'm heading down to the Frys by my house for the 1tb green today anyway.... I wish I would have waited a week on buying my Asus R2E and just bought this.

Last edited:
Were about three or four in the Fremont store, minus one after I grabbed mine. Couldn't resist.

Sent the wife in to get me a combo from the plano tx location. They said they have about 3 left.

Well I broke down and got one. There isn't a Fry's near me in FL so I am having a friend ship it to me from Vegas. Even with shipping, tax, and PP fees its still way cheaper than anyone else.

Two in Roseville. Saw them but I've already got my stuff (checked last night ~ 8pm).

yea, I work there, frys is going back to heavy negative sales, trust me these things are below cost, but if you wanna get them, get them first day of ad, because you wont find them on a saturday guranteed, sold out of the ftw boards and all the phenom 965 combos today.

Pls do tell if they ever plan to bundle the x58 i7 920 together.

nice. wish i had a car, bus from UW to renton is not doable. :mad:

Please, I took a bus from shoreline to renton and back :D (Of course if I was only going for this deal, that would have been a 6 hour trip alone..)

Glad I didnt get my ass in gear and drive to Renton from down south today then :)

As it is, wouldn't be that huge of an upgrade for games anyways.

Heads up for those in GA. There are 2 FTW boards left at Duluth.

Thanks Sent I'll try to get by there today (or the alpharetta one) and pick one up, for my mom's new computer. :)

Please, I took a bus from shoreline to renton and back :D (Of course if I was only going for this deal, that would have been a 6 hour trip alone..)

next time i want something from there ill let you know. you can just drop it off on your way back. :D

Does the Frys in Tempe do raincheck for combos? The one on Thunderbird doesnt. :( I cried when I was there, didnt help at all!

I picked up my combo Friday morning. I thought it was a misprint since the board sells for around 220 online. Now I need new ram and a gfx card. It looks like i'm the only one getting presents this Christmas.

Back