Full Layer 3 routing capability
All ports tested
Includes qty 4- 3Com original Gigabit Fiber SFPs
10GbE capability via 2 module slots for CX4 ports or modular XFP slots
Reset to defaults, passwords provided with unit

Pix of Switch

PRICE DROP
WAS: $275 shipped
NOW: $200 shipped (Trades possible, let me know what you have available)

Quote from HP (Current Owner of 3Com)
The 3Com Switch 4500G is a high performance, managed Gigabit switch with advanced features, perfect for cost-conscious medium-sized businesses wanting to deploy a secure converged network. Layer 2 switching along with Layer 3 RIP-based dynamic routing make the Switch 4500G ideal for wiring closet workgroup connectivity and as the core for small-size enterprisesThe 3Com Switch 4500G family delivers quad-speed performance - 10/100/1000 and 10-Gigabit Ethernet. This switch features 48 auto-negotiating 10/100/1000 ports and for added flexibility, four of the ports are dual-personality, operating either as 10/100/1000 or SFP-based fiber. The Switch 4500G can accommodate up to four extra optional 10-Gigabit high-speed links via modules or XFP transceivers, enabling connectivity to a core network or to high-performance servers. Up to 32 devices can be clustered for ease of management.QoS, auto-voice VLAN, and traffic management features help ensure essential applications get the appropriate priority for efficient utilization of network resources. Furthermore, this switch has enterprise-class security features including IEEE 802.1X network login, SSH/SSL encrypted device log-in, Access Control Lists and RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA).

Last edited:
Bump for good switch. I have a 4200G and they are great switches for home.

Bump. Nice switch. If I didn't have my eye on a C1100 Dell server I might have picked this up.

Have a great Sunday :)

Back