FS/FT: DDR-500, 3200+ Venice, Chaintech 710, Millett hybrid tube amp, other goodies

killernoodle

2[H]4U
Ok guys, time for a much needed upgrade. I'm looking to trade for 2gb of DDR2-800, an C2D e4300, or maybe an e6300.

What I have:

1GB (2x512) Adata Vitesta DDR-500 PC-4000 ram. This stuff is quick. I took good care of it, only ran it at its rated speed and voltage. Has been known to do 290+ mhz. $100 shipped
p1030223largeml8.jpg

3200+ Venice. LBBWE 0535EPEW SOLD

Unfinished Millett Hybrid tube headphone amplifier. Don't have enough time to complete my baby, I realized I like listening to music through my speakers more :) Others, however, dont agree. It would be a crime to let this thing sit on my desk and collect dust any longer! All it needs is final assembly and a couple of tubes (less than $20 to get it running). I used nice parts on it like the ALPS "Blue Velvet" volume control, a hammond case, and nichicon caps. Comes with 24v psu and all connectors. Cheap and fun way to get into nice headphone tube amps! $100 shipped (negotiable)
p1030225largeob5.jpg

p1030226largeod3.jpg

Asrock DUAL SATA-II motherboard, socket 939. I think the bios is corrupt. I tried to install a opty 165 and I think I reset the bios wrong. Randomly got it to start back up a couple times, but couldn't get it going solid. Everything turns on, spins up, nothing on screen. Who knows, if you can hot flash the bios be my guest! Comes with an X850 pro VIVO 256mb AGP that I busted a couple resistors off on the back. Maybe you can bring that back to life too! I'll tell you which resistors are broken. You can see one of them near the mounting hole in the 3rd pic. The x850 will come with the stock heatsink attached. $40 for both.
p1030227largeza4.jpg

p1030228largecp9.jpg

p1030230largexz9.jpg

Chaintech 710 sound card.... awesome $20 shipped

Email: [email protected] ([email protected])
AIM: SwisspatriotRG
Heat: killernoodle

sorta interested in the millet amp... can you post more pictures of the enclosure as well as what parts are still needed? bump for head-fi!

Absolutely, but my camera needs to do a little recharging. I should have pics up around noon. its a Hammond black anodized aluminum case. I kinda boogered up the back plate with an oversized drill bit, the power supply hole doesnt fit snugly but I'll fix this with a washer, but its only on the stock back piece. Most people make new panels anyways.

Some mor pics of the amp:

p1030232eb8.jpg

p1030234og3.jpg

p1030235lh5.jpg

p1030236rk4.jpg

p1030239ah8.jpg

All it needs to run are 2 mini tube sockets and 2 tubes. You can get everything for less than $20, less than $12 if you try :).

You will need a volt meter to dial in the tube bias and a soldering iron to solder in the tube sockets. You will also need a drill to make the holes for the tubes, although I can do this for you if you want. Lastly, you will need to wire up the switch, the DC plug, and the inputs, which is a total of 7 wires. You should be able to solder in the tube sockets and wire it up in less than 10 minutes. Its a fun tinker toy and a powerful headphone amp!

Ok, I got a lot of questions about the amp... I decided to simply finish it and make sure it works, then sell it. There are too many people asking me if they can just mail me the tubes and sockets and have me wire everything up and adjust the bias. I'll be using the more accurate 12AE6A tubes.

if nobody buys your Asrock DUAL SATA-II motherboard, can i have the heatsinks?

bump for you.

Back