FS: Intel Core i7 2600k 4.8ghz IBT stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
$250 shipped via USPS priority including the retail box and never-used stock heatsink.

I have a 2600k I bought from the legandary overclocker Splave on xtremesystems. He says he got the chip to 5.2ghz stable, but I never had that kind of luck. I think my motherboard is the problem; my vdroop is insane (drops to 1.39 under load when its set to 1.45 in bios).

Anyway, I was successful getting it intel burn test stable at 4.8ghz on 1.45v in bios. This was both on air and water; for some reason water didn't help at all which is why I think my motherboard is to blame. I can boot into windows at 5.1ghz but never got it burn test stable (it was gaming stable at 5ghz though, but it bothers me to not be 100% linx stable).

While I can't guarantee overclocks, I would be shocked if you can't hit at least 4.8ghz on a decent motherboard.

I'm getting rid of it because I just purchased another chip that does 5ghz IBT stable.

I have perfect heat under computerpro3.

would you be interested in a trade?

My offer for some pieces of parchment paper for your fast horsies is still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back