AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
ASUS M4A785-M Mobo
Geil Black Dragon 8GB DDR2 Quad Channel Kit
VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 512MB Fanless Low Profile Card
WD Caviar Blue 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
HP SATA DVD Burner
Arctic Cooling Alpine Pro 64 Rev.2 CPU Cooler
HP USB Mouse and Keyboard

I bought this computer last year for school purposes. It came with an Athlon II X2 240 and a cruddy HP board. As you can see, it's not the same computer that it was. The original configuration is here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02106661&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4206398

The ASUS board also allowed the 2 disabled cores on the CPU to be unlocked and it has run stable at 3.6GHz with all 4 cores running. Gaming-wise it will run Team Fortress 2 just fine at 720p resolution. Meaning that 5450 isn't your gamer's card. But for that occasional TF2 match, it works great. Productivity-wise, I don't think you can argue with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM. I've run two virtual machines side-by-side while doing other things and haven't seen a single hiccup. It runs quiet and since the video card is fanless, you won't hear any extra sound.

Some notes on the case:
The wire connector for the case power light had to be disassembled to fit on the mainboard so you will have some wires that aren't in a plastic housing attached to the board. I wrapped them with tape and they fit snug so it's not a problem if you move the computer around. I guess this will only become a problem if you switch out boards but that is up to you. This board has been more than enough for my needs since I was able to load up on RAM and unlock 2 more cores.

What's Included:
Computer
Zonet USB 802.11n Wireless Adapter
USB Bluetooth Adapter
Keyboard
Mouse
Brand new, sealed copy of Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (Google the process on how to do a fresh install with an upgrade version, it works just fine)

Computer will be cleaned before sale and hard drive will be ready for OS install. BIOS will be reset to factory default. This is probably obvious... lol

$400 shipped OBO. Not willing to part out as of now so don't ask.

Paypal: mark AT stuckpixel DOT org
Heat: markt435

It's been awhile since I've sold anything on here so I'm glad to get back into it!

EDIT: Pics:

CU2Eu.jpg

SrP5t.jpg

BU9ON.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back