G80 wacky FEAR Extraction Point Performance

kleox64

[H]ard|Gawd
Have no idea what the issue is, running FEAR v1.08 is absolutly fine 1920x1200 4AA/16AF TSSAA. The performance test results from the extraction point fear are much much lower than the original FEAR even though its the same benchmark? the game also feels sluggish, ive turned off AA all together.

Have you tried renaming fearxp.exe to fear.exe? There was talk over at the ATI forum that the optimizations (both ATI and nVidia), which look for distinct .exe name, may not know to apply the same tweaks to fearxp.exe as it normally does for fear.exe.

I hope they fix it soon cause if so I'll buy it. Otherwise it'll run like crap on my used to be pimp rig. Ran the regular FEAR ok.....but that means nothing with this expansion.

the problem is that Extraction Point was a dog's breakfast. I wouldn't worry about it.

kleox64 said:
Have no idea what the issue is, running FEAR v1.08 is absolutly fine 1920x1200 4AA/16AF TSSAA. The performance test results from the extraction point fear are much much lower than the original FEAR even though its the same benchmark? the game also feels sluggish, ive turned off AA all together.

hahha I feel sad for all the idiots who rushed to buy a 8800 when it can't even eat DX9 games properly in raw performance

SX2233 said:
hahha I feel sad for all the idiots who rushed to buy a 8800 when it can't even eat DX9 games properly in raw performance

Wow, didn't bother to read anything in this thread, did ya? It's not the card genius... :rolleyes:

as long as the issue is being looked at, Iam moving onto another lot of games to play possibly hitman series, splintercell's and rainbow six vegas.

kleox64 said:

It's a problem with the game. There was a thread a while ago (even before G80 was out), where many people, including myself, complained about horrible performance. The game would lag for no reason, when you did something as simple as opening a door or turning a corner.
FEAR was a system hog, but if you had a good computer, it would run nice. FEAR XP however, is surely not a good example of good coding and optimization.

Back