Gainward?

N H O

2[H]4U
watever happened to them? i remember bak in the nvidia 5 series and early 6 series they were all over the market and now u can rarely find them :confused:

Yeah they suppossedly made a 7800GTX with only water cooling that I think gigabyte did and it hit insane speeds, but I cant find it anywhere.

They pulled out of the US market, their products are widely available in the UK, Europe, and Asia.

They are definately underrated IMO. I got a gainward 6800gt and it screams past ultra speeds. pretty sexy looking aswell

Dillusion said:
They pulled out of the US market, their products are widely available in the UK, Europe, and Asia.

That sucks since a lot of their card models were top notch.

argg.....underrated? i didnt think so since ive seen their cards flooded all over the market before :confused: man i loved my old gainward card despite that it was a fx5200ultra but it still overclocked lik 75mhz on the core and 100mhz on the memory :cool:

Anyone know if they had a warrenty on overclocking like eVGA does? What was their warrenty policy?

err i dont kno but i kno that their cards come pre overclocked like BFG's :p

Gainward took a huge blow when the ti4200s which everyone bought had the dreaded PSOD effect, I dont think they ever recovered, in reputation.

Their warranty was like everyone's now pre-oc, but if you damage the card yourself, prepare to pay.

UltimaParadox said:
Gainward took a huge blow when the ti4200s which everyone bought had the dreaded PSOD effect, I dont think they ever recovered, in reputation.

Their warranty was like everyone's now pre-oc, but if you damage the card yourself, prepare to pay.
oh...damn...they were a good brand, i loved the style of their cards and the software, but the game bundle blew =/

well, the one thing I definately didn't like was the cooler on my 6800GT Golden Sample.. fucker was execessively loud.. but, my NV Silencer took care of that with the quickness...

Great card to be sure, just need an AGP to PCIe adapter and I'm set.. ;)

meh its close enough...but is kind of a deep red since its not as bright as the pcb :p

Mine was red.. and loud as shit.. as it got older think one of the fans was starting to go, so I was getting a nice rattle, even though all the screws were tight..

no biggie.. it's collecting dust now.. ;)

Barnaby said:
Mine was red.. and loud as shit.. as it got older think one of the fans was starting to go, so I was getting a nice rattle, even though all the screws were tight..

no biggie.. it's collecting dust now.. ;)

wat card is it??

Over here they are easy to find. I grabbed a 7800GTX, tho it was nothing fancy it even looked exactly like the pics i saw of the reference cards (I bet they just chucked one in the box)

but its been very solid.

Yeah gainward makes awesome Nvidia cards, they are available here in Australia, but they are pretty expensive, earlier in the year when i was building this rig, i chose the gigabyte 6600GT over the gainward because Gainward was alot more expensive, the gigabyte i got is $370 AU and the Gainward 6600GT is $430AU, both of these 6600GT are already OCed out of the box.

Back