Geek Squad GS-1285U 1285VA UPS

coolie_d

2[H]4U
I apologize if there is already a topic on this particular UPS existing, I searched and could not find one..... Anyone know anything about this unit? On a whim, I bought one yesterday and so far am pleased..... With the rig in my sig plus wireless router and cable modem running on the protected segment, and the photo printer, Axim charger, cordless phone, and speakers on the surge-protected only segment, i'm running at about 40% capacity...... Has a really nice informative display which is large and easy to read. Shutdown software is basic but nice, shows power/battery status; logs power events, and either hibernates or shuts down your system after a specified time (1-5 min) or with the other option will let you run until there are x amount of minutes left on the battery. My full rig running 3dmark06 is good for ~18 minutes on battery. Very nice unit, only wish the warranty were longer than 1 year..... oh well, at least the batteries are replaceable......

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat08029&id=1122654249041

Could be....they have to have someone making it for them. I haven't had a chance to get hands on with a BB unit yet though.

If you are open ot other suggestions I really like the TrippLite SMART1200LCD in that price range for home use.

Spectre said:
Could be....they have to have someone making it for them. I haven't had a chance to get hands on with a BB unit yet though.

If you are open ot other suggestions I really like the TrippLite SMART1200LCD in that price range for home use.
Not that I am not open to suggestions, but I have already purchased the BB unit and it is in use currently. May try out the TrippLite unit for my home theater setup, though.... Do "computer use" UPSs work OK with home theater setups or does one need to use a more expensive "home theater" UPS? I can't seem to find a solid answer on that one, so if someone already has answered it and I missed it doing a search, I apologize....

Back