Getting into crypto mining

kakureru

2[H]4U
I am looking for decent hardware for a decent price. I am thinking of asics if i can get them at a decent price.

will also consider GPU mining

I am looking for decent hardware for a decent price. I am thinking of asics if i can get them at a decent price.

will also consider GPU mining

You and everybody else. Be careful with asics. They are a one trick pony with three month lead times and hyped up matgins.

Reactions: rehab
like this
my recommendation to my friends who have lately decided to get into this space... start trading first. you will learn more researching the projects and how this rodeo works...if there is a system at all.

scrypt asics can still be profitable but if the coin tied to the asic tanks then the asics become worthless too. i fell victim to the disappearance of the wemineltc pool also. it had been the biggest most reliable ltc pool for a number of years and then it went weird and disappeared with an estimated 10,000 ltc that belonged to its users. after that i bailed on asics. GPU mining has ability to mine several coins, and will have some value if mining dries up.

im thinking about doing the video card(s) first then asics if its useful. I have people i know touting a 400$ a month return which is why im interested. If it goes sideways, ill at least have the cards :p

I have people i know touting a 400$ a month return which is why im interested. If it goes sideways, ill at least have the cards :p

To get a $400/month return takes quite a hefty initial investment.

You are talking like 5x 1080tis or like 8x rx480s (for todays coin values)

Then you gotta factor in cost of hardware + cost of elec + difficulties that usually just increase.

Probably better to start small, and add more cards as you actually hit roi.

Bump for you

Back