getting rid of my dell 2405, any good 20" LCD suggestions?

My first 2405 had whining noise that I could hear but I decided it wasnt worth it to replace. Well, I ended up getting a dead pixel and that is something which would bother me so I got a replacement and the replacement doesnt have any dead pixels and I have no more whine.

Stereodude said:
CCFL inverters can have a high pitched hum. Unfortunately basically all LCD monitors have CCFLs in them, and thereby have a CCFL inverter that can hum. So, any LCD is just as likely to have a high pitch whine as another.

all lcds ive used are silent... then again i dont use many dells

its true that the 2405fpw has the the most noticeable "whining noise" out of any lcd i've used. mine has that problem, i can hear it very easily. however, mine only starts to whine after a couple hours of use. its virtually unnoticeable during daytime due to outside noise etc. but for late night gaming sessions, it can get annoying sometimes. then again, i can also hear the whining sound from the flourescent lights we have at work. so i guess some people have more sensitive hearing than others. i'll probably order another 2405fpw when i get the chance, and i'll compare if my second one has whining or not

Back