GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA1156

Very nice, thanks.

Just wish they would announce their availability date of their ITX version of H55. I'm so tempted to just go micro ATX.

Do you think the sound on this board supports True HD? Is that even a function of the sound card or does it just pass the audio through to your receiver (I think people call this bitstreaming).

Well Gigabyte told me no mini-itx but then again it wasn't a high up official...just some email person.

I have a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H on the way along with a Core i3 530

will u be able to play 720p or 1080p movies with the igp on the new processors? are they equivalent to intel 4500 or nvidia 9300 ? or is the igp only useful for server and office use?

Yes, you can, but there has been limited evaluations so far so it might not work as well as you'd like, or it might exceed your expectations.

hate the layout of the SATA positions. they will most likely come out with a higher end version with right angle SATA ports with heatsinks on the vregs, so that's what i'm waiting for. or, if a mini itx comes out before, then i'll get that one.

hate the layout of the SATA positions. they will most likely come out with a higher end version with right angle SATA ports with heatsinks on the vregs, so that's what i'm waiting for. or, if a mini itx comes out before, then i'll get that one.
some mATX cases won't work with boards that have right angle connectors so it makes sense to keep them standard

Well the wait for ITX has been taking too long... I'm about to buy this GA-H55M-USB3 tonight.

It's p55, not H55, so no HDMI out. I have an i3 530 and would like to use it's GPU.

Back