Giveaway: Intel E6600

jimbowdang

Limp Gawd
I have an E6600 that's been inactive for the last couple months and I'm unsure when/if I'll ever use it again so with the spirit of giving around here I've decided to give it away in the hopes that it will again contribute to the [H]orde. I bought it in early 2007 and used it up until I got my Q9500 a few months ago. I no longer have the retail box so I'm not sure what the best way to ship it would be. Please PM me if you know a good way to safely ship it. I have the stock cooler for it but would prefer not to ship that if it is not needed.

Rules:
1 entry per person. MUST show your badge, MUST be an active folder.
Must enter by 8:00am CST May 6, 2009, I will pick a winner after that.

Edit: The winner has been chosen and contacted.

Last edited:
In for one, could do much better than my poor P4's
I will say my PPD is down because I was in Ft Knox Kentucky for a week and my power went out here 3 days in, so I was 0 for like 3 days

I will enter this one because I have at least 2 mobos that could use a better chip with some good VM action.

Last edited:
Well im not entering, but I wanted to say that it is great that people are giving away for the greater good.

Thats awesome.

I would love to enter though I am not sure I meet the requirements.
I am an active DCer but not specifically to folding. I am a [H]ard DC Commando for our team on the DC-Vault. To confirm activity on the DC-Vault please check out the thread or I am sure alan, razor or sirmonkey could vouche for me.
If I do not quailify I won't be disappointed because I know it will help the DCing community. :)

I will enter. Im still very new to floding though. So far I have a q9550 with 2 8800gs's running two gpu2 clients and 2 vmware notfred clients. Soon will add a 8800m, t9300, t5450, and a e6320 to the mix. Would love to add an e6600.

I'm in. :) I could always use something better than my AMD 4400+. :) I've got an empty motherboard it will fit in, just need a CPU! :)

Folding, man! Non-stop!

I'm in, I'm hopeing i get my video card back soon so im more active then 216 ppd lol

In!! I have a 750SLI board that needs a CPU. Heck, with the CPU being free I can afford to pick up a pair of GPUs for it. I'd even fold the CPU under your name for a couple of months! :D

Last edited:
Wow!

very generous!

I am in... I could use it.

Thanks!

I have a couple a 24/7 folder that would benefit greatly with some dual core action (running a single core D chip right now) .. I'd give the D away if I could find a replacement for it :)

..very generous of you kind sir

I've got a system with a new 9600GSO that will be up and running for the CC. Only has a Celeron 430 in it though. I would be nice to add a VM-notfreds (thanks capreppy) using an E6600. Count me in.

*puts name in hat*

Thanks!
0.png

He said he wasnt drawing until May 6th.

edit - Oh schnaps! I didnt even realize that was my Birthday :)

I fold but not for the Horde so I don't have a badge. For a Q6600 I would be willing to jump ship and fold for you guys.

The selection method was to count all entries and pick a random number using my TI-83 out of that total.

Congrats to Doozer on being the lucky recipient!

Sweet! :)
Maybe I should run up and get a lottery ticket since my unlucky streak is now over.

good thing you guys cant see me doing my victory dance. I think that I may have dislocated something.

No, anyone but doozer! Just when I get a chance to catch him

Ahhhhhhhh

LOL, congrats bro

Congrats Doozer
I know your gonna pass me again this summer while im gone, but when I get back im loading up the big guns.

Congrats Doozer, Looks like you haves some Folders nervous. Just means they will lookin for other ways to get cheap "D" to keep up.

Thanks guys. :)

Now I can finally build the HTPC/Folding box that I've been wanting to build.

Thanks Jimbowdang for being so generous.

I got the cpu yesterday and realized that I forgot to pick up a motherboard for it. doh :eek:

I somehow missed this last week. Congrats Doozer and thanks jimbowdang for the raffle!

Back