Gonna pull the trigger, need a case.

The Equalizer

Limp Gawd
Intel BOXD975XBXLKR ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 930 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core Processor
OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory
Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive x2
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive x1
SAMSUNG Black ATA/ATAPI LightScribe DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Model SH-W162L/BEBN x2
ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT 500W Power Supply
OPTI-UPS GS1100B UPS
+Nvidia 7900GT or perhaps GTX when available.
Nvidia 6600 in the meantime.

I'm looking at getting the Lian Li PC-65B or Lian Li PC-61B, identical cases with the only difference being the window. Will this case be sufficient in terms of heating, or would I need a different case? Also would the Lian Li V1000 be more suitable? I just want a solid, cool care free case, and as soon as my case is chosen I can buy. As much help as possible, check my specs and any advice on them appreciated aswell.

what kind of heat are those new intel cores producing? I see the performance is finally up to par vs. the X2 stuff, thats good at least.

If that Lian-Li is the one where the CPU is below the expansion slots are, then go with that.

The airflow should cool off that hotplate CPU of yours.

I personally like the looks and the functionality of my v1000 case. Expensive, but its a very nice case and i don't really have any temperature problems with it.
Just remember, that whatever case you want to get, you like, as you'll be looking at it till you get the urge to upgrade it again... :p

CM Stacker 810, it just came in the mail, its a moster. Much bigger and easier to work in then my old pc-v1000.

I cant get over how sweet it looks, pics dont do it justice.

Back