Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

harshw said:
Has anybody with this monitor tried watching DVD's and DivX movies ? ffdshow has a resize function that I use for rescaling DVD's and DivX movies to 1920x1200 on my 2405FPW. But I was wondering if anyone has pushed ffdshow to rescale at 2560x1600 ?
Just about any video playback application is capable of stretching video over the entire screen of a 3007 without any problems.

Happy Hopping said:
I don't have this game. Why is the 3rd pic. in Chinese?

The premise of the games is battlefield simulation. This particular map pits the chinese agains the americans. You may choose your team or be auto assigned. I often choose different teams to play with the various weapons. That particular shot is of me piloting a Chinese attack helicopter about to take off from an Island.

if you want to be watching movies on it, you would be at least looking at 720p content imo, but thats just me. (or sit far back from it)

slaWter those pics aren't loading for me for some reason. All I see is a column of text with the typed resolutions, no pics. :(

slaWter said:
Here are the shots. I used UT04 for this example. All resolutions without AA/AF. Again without flash.

640x480

800x600

1024x768

1280x1024

1600x1200

1680x1050

1920x1200

2560x1600

Some of the screenshots, such as 1920X1200 look like there is streching? Is there? Can you maybe take a pic of what they would all look like non-streched?

pugsley1218 said:
Some of the screenshots, such as 1920X1200 look like there is streching? Is there? Can you maybe take a pic of what they would all look like non-streched?

What do you mean with streched? Streched to fullscreen?
1920 is a widescreen resolution, there should be no streching.

slaWter said:
What do you mean with streched? Streched to fullscreen?
1920 is a widescreen resolution, there should be no streching.

There is stretching if you're trying to fit a 1920x1200 image of 2560x1600 pixels. FYI, it's called up upscalling.

LittleMe said:
There is stretching if you're trying to fit a 1920x1200 image of 2560x1600 pixels. FYI, it's called up upscalling.

Jap but I'm still unsure what pugsley1218 wants to see^^

slaWter said:
Jap but I'm still unsure what pugsley1218 wants to see^^

please post some pics at various resolutions WITHOUT stretching to show how it will look with black space all around the video image.

slaWter said:
Here are some fotos of a centered output:

1600x1200

1680x1050

1920x1200

there u have it folks. as u see 1920x1200 take up the most space, as it should. This is the only way to do it if you dont want reduction in quality.

LawGiver said:
there u have it folks. as u see 1920x1200 take up the most space, as it should. This is the only way to do it if you dont want reduction in quality.

The best resolution for stuff like this is 2048x1536... because it's nearly the native height.

Wierd. I can see the last photo thumnail and link is clickable to full size. The rest are just the text of the resolutions. No pic, no clickable area. At least I can see the 1920 x 1200 rez picture, thats the one I was most interested in.

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of people ragging on the scaling of the 3007. I'm one of the people who thinks it scales beautifully. I did a little comparison in Oblivion, ranging from 2560x1600 all the way down to 720x480, each res scaled to full screen. All the resolutions are 16:10, except for the last one, which has very small black bars on the sides. I think all the resolutions from 1680x1050 up are very playable, and 1280x800 isn't terrible either. The video card used is a single XFX GeForce 7800GT.

One "funny" thing that I noticed while I had an X1800XT installed is, it doesn't scale nearly as well as my 7800GT does. I found this both strange and disappointing, because I had heard so much about ATI:s superior IQ. Maybe I just prefer the more "blurred" scaling of the GeForce, whereas the Radeon was very blocky and unappealing to me.

Anyway, here are the comparison shots. I kept the camera on a rigid platform to avoid any blurring and differences in angles etc. Click the thumbnails for full size images.

2560x1600

1920x1200

1680x1050

1280x800

960x600

720x480

I can still notice the the reduced quality, although it not as bad as using non 16:10 resolutions.

weemies said:
Ok, I'm seeing a lot of people ragging on the scaling of the 3007. I'm one of the people who thinks it scales beautifully. I did a little comparison in Oblivion, ranging from 2560x1600 all the way down to 720x480, each res scaled to full screen. All the resolutions are 16:10, except for the last one, which has very small black bars on the sides. I think all the resolutions from 1680x1050 up are very playable, and 1280x800 isn't terrible either. The video card used is a single XFX GeForce 7800GT.

One "funny" thing that I noticed while I had an X1800XT installed is, it doesn't scale nearly as well as my 7800GT does. I found this both strange and disappointing, because I had heard so much about ATI:s superior IQ. Maybe I just prefer the more "blurred" scaling of the GeForce, whereas the Radeon was very blocky and unappealing to me.

Anyway, here are the comparison shots. I kept the camera on a rigid platform to avoid any blurring and differences in angles etc. Click the thumbnails for full size images.

2560x1600

1920x1200

1680x1050

1280x800

960x600

720x480

Thanks a ton. I am seriously looking into this monitor now. I will probably purchase one a few months down the road. The resolutions I will probably be using the most is 1900X1200 and 1680X1050, then 2560X1600 for older stuff like UT2K4. Looks pretty nice.

Also, one last question... Does this monitor have input lag? I am coming from a 19" Viewsonic CRT btw, so this is very important.

weemies said:

Thanks, those pics are a lot better then mine^^
That's what I think too, all above 1680 is fine...

LawGiver said:
I can still notice the the reduced quality, although it not as bad as using non 16:10 resolutions.
Well duh. Of course there's a difference. The question is, what's acceptable to you and what isn't. For me, 1680x1050 is acceptable. Everyone would use 2560x1600 with this monitor, if they could. Unfortunately with current graphic cards it's not really an option with a game like Oblivion, unless you have a SLi-setup, and even then I'm not sure you could turn on all the eye candy.

weemies said:
Well duh. Of course there's a difference. The question is, what's acceptable to you and what isn't. For me, 1680x1050 is acceptable. Everyone would use 2560x1600 with this monitor, if they could. Unfortunately with current graphic cards it's not really an option with a game like Oblivion, unless you have a SLi-setup, and even then I'm not sure you could turn on all the eye candy.

Duh.

caboosemoose said:
Just about any video playback application is capable of stretching video over the entire screen of a 3007 without any problems.

FFDshow can be setup to use lanczos for resize. This gives amazing quality and a sharp picture when resizing DivX@608x288 to 1920x1200 or even DVD@720x576 to 1920x1200. Using Media Player or any normal video application without advancing resizing and rescaling features means the rescaled video often looks blocky and horrible.

If you have a 2405 or 3007, try using ffdshow and you will give up using WMP 10, DivX Player etc. It's the same as using an upscaler to watch DVD video on your 1080 HDTV display.

Unfortunately, the ReScaling & NR features eat up CPU like crazy. I guess I'll just have to wait the two weeks before I can get my hands on the 3007 and try for myself to see what happens to the CPU when I use ffdshow to resize to 2560x1600 :)

harshw said:
FFDshow can be setup to use lanczos for resize. This gives amazing quality and a sharp picture when resizing DivX@608x288 to 1920x1200 or even DVD@720x576 to 1920x1200. Using Media Player or any normal video application without advancing resizing and rescaling features means the rescaled video often looks blocky and horrible.

If you have a 2405 or 3007, try using ffdshow and you will give up using WMP 10, DivX Player etc. It's the same as using an upscaler to watch DVD video on your 1080 HDTV display.

Unfortunately, the ReScaling & NR features eat up CPU like crazy. I guess I'll just have to wait the two weeks before I can get my hands on the 3007 and try for myself to see what happens to the CPU when I use ffdshow to resize to 2560x1600 :)

Could you please explain how to use fddshow correctly for this upscaling?
I don't know how to use these ReScaling & NR options in the right way. Thanks!

I will be 7900gtx sli by tuesday or sooner. Anyone do benchies with this screen using two7900 super clocks yet?

IF not i will do some fraps shots.

LMK

jacuzz1 said:
I will be 7900gtx sli by tuesday or sooner. Anyone do benchies with this screen using two7900 super clocks yet?

LMK

If I may be so bold as to suggest man, don't bother with SLI. DX10 will be here pretty soon (within the next year guranteed), and current gen cards won't be able to support DX10. Getting a 2nd GPU would be a waste of $$ :rolleyes:

That's my advice neway.

I suspect first round D10 cards will be very impressive on paper but any real world benifit wont be here till this time next year. If i am wrong, I will simpley buy the DX10 cards. :) i

I wish to live for the moment and realy enjoy this screen. I just might go quad DX10 for xmass 2007 on a 100 incher lol with conroe. :eek:

jacuzz1 said:
I suspect first round D10 cards will be very impressive on paper but any real world benifit wont be here till this time next year. If i am wrong, I will simpley buy the DX10 cards. :)

Hm, fair enough. ;)

Ye...I'd do the same, but I can't afford to :p

jacuzz1 said:

LMK

I'm running here 7900GTX SLI with current 675/1750 clocks... so not a huge real world difference to the SC's.
Everything runs smooth at 2560 (maxed out) except Condemned, Oblivion and GRAW (coop only, SP is fine at 2560) with 0-2x AA and 8x AF. Condemned is slow because there is no real driver support atm (like with FEAR at the beginning) and Oblivion is just 5-8 FPS too slow (during fights) :( Haven't tried the new 87 drivers because the 87.25 had flickering in CoD 2...

So you'll be happy with the SLI stuff :p

slaWter said:
I'm running here 7900GTX SLI with current 675/1750 clocks... so not a huge real world difference to the SC's.
Everything runs smooth at 2560 (maxed out) except Condemned, Oblivion and GRAW (coop only, SP is fine at 2560) with 0-2x AA and 8x AF. Condemned is slow because there is no real driver support atm (like with FEAR at the beginning) and Oblivion is just 5-8 FPS too slow (during fights) :( Haven't tried the new 87 drivers because the 87.25 had flickering in CoD 2...

So you'll be happy with the SLI stuff :p
\

Thanks dude.
:cool:

DoomRulz said:
If I may be so bold as to suggest man, don't bother with SLI. DX10 will be here pretty soon (within the next year guranteed), and current gen cards won't be able to support DX10. Getting a 2nd GPU would be a waste of $$ :rolleyes:

That's my advice neway.

Its coming in the SUMMMERRRRR da SUMMERRRRRR argh!!!! :mad:
....must....believe.....must....believe!!!! :D

jacuzz1 said:
\

Thanks dude.
:cool:

I've been playing Oblivion with my SLI'd 7900GTX's and it's not bad. There are points when it will slow down when there's a lot of action but it's not too bad. Still worth having all the eye candy maxed out.

LittleMe said:
I've been playing Oblivion with my SLI'd 7900GTX's and it's not bad. There are points when it will slow down when there's a lot of action but it's not too bad. Still worth having all the eye candy maxed out.

what about BF2, I got one of the cards today , the other will show Friday if I am lucky but i am wondering how they will run at 4x TRAA supersampled. I was managing 2x TRAA but the card broke.

LittleMe said:
Couldn't say, I don't have BF2. I can't imagine it'd be much worse than Oblivion.

Actually, thats vice versa. If you look at most benchmarks, you'll find that Oblivion is the most stressful game on a video card, even more so than F.E.A.R., which once held that title :p

DoomRulz said:
Actually, thats vice versa. If you look at most benchmarks, you'll find that Oblivion is the most stressful game on a video card, even more so than F.E.A.R., which once held that title :p

QFT I tried to play @ native res with HDR and AA and its a no go on X1900 crossfire setup.
I still need to tweak Oblivion a bit, but I dont think it will make much of a difference. Fear runs smooth and so does HL2 Lost Coast. Oblivion is a bitch tho.

Got mine. Man this thing is too big. LOVE IT :D
But I cant use it, Im still building my new machine...
Its killing me not being able to experience this massive screen. yet

Initially I thought im going with SLi 7900gtx. but now the DFI LANParty UT CFX3200-DR, crossfire is looking hotter than ever. Really confused what to go with. I read about hrd+AA with crossfire and that SLi cant do that. Is it worth going for crossfire just for that? I dont know.

And to make matters worst, I got a dfi expert sli mobo like a month ago, still not used it as I was waiting to buy other parts. Now im thinking of crossfire. Just that I want to have the best choice cos as you know all this doesnt come cheap and need games to look the best possible with this screen. Really Really dont know what daul graphics to go with.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

I don't think you'll need AA at native res. There are some jaggies but it's still so smooth looking. Plus, can you imagine what a hit in FPS you'll take be turning on AA and HDR at native res on this thing. Anybody with the 3007 and CF try that with any games yet?

Back