Got my G9 today. (pictures)

mitcity22

2[H]4U
Got my G9 today but haven't had a lot of time to test it out. It feels comfortable to me, I'm used to the G5 though so it may take some getting used to. It has some really cool features that I haven't messed with yet....again time restraints.

I played 5 rounds of America's Army with it and it tracks really well, I don't even have to pull up my sights to get decent accuracy. I works well on both my wood desk, my kaki pants and my black cloth mouse pad.

A picture of what comes with it, minus the extensive user manual and driver cd. I prefer the smaller shell that has a "rubber" feel. The larger shell has a "rough hard textured plastic feel"

This is where you add in the weights you want.
dsc0018kn5.jpg

Top view, you can see the cool lights.
dsc0017jq4.jpg

Side view that shows the front and back browser buttons.
dsc0016dt2.jpg

Let me know if you guys want any more shots or something explained. Overall it is a really good mouse so far....$75 good? I guess that is up to you.

How does the scroll wheel feel, and can you take some pics with and without the add on partsamabobbers (can't remember what they're caled but they make the mouse feel bigger or smaller in your hand).

Not intended as flamebait, but that is one fugly mouse. What were they thinking when they designed that thing?

Not intended as flamebait, but that is one fugly mouse. What were they thinking when they designed that thing?

I don't think its an attractive mouse either. If its comfortable though, it might be worth looking into.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me about my G5 is the cable. It is so stiff even after a year of use. Now the G9 cable looks to be the same material, is it as stiff as the G5?

However, as much as I hate the stiffness it is a durable cable. I had to replace my MX518 when the cable shorted out most likely due to the cheap material used.

sorry for delayed answers, underneath it looks like a normal mouse but it is too small for me to use w/ a shell on it.

the cable is exactly like the G5.

the scroll wheel is one of the best features. It is very comfortable to use and works very well.

I think it looks kind of cool but it isn't comfortable IMO. I am going to put it up FS here soon, I just like my G5 better. (on the G5 you can "cup" the mouse....not on the G9)

I've heard logitech is going to release more shells in the future so may be they will come out w/ a more comfortable shell.

But for now the G5 and G9 are equal in performance from what I could tell and I wouldn't use any of the other G9 features, add this to it not being as comfortable and it = I'm a sellin the G9

Might not be the prettiest, but it's a damn sweet gaming mouse!!!
I've had mine for about a month from Logitech for a review ;)

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

I also received my G9 on the 12th. my mini-review:

I gotta say the scroll wheel is 300% better than the G5's. The middle click is actually a beefy click that you know you clicked. The G9 doesn't skip while scrolling (or scroll WHILE middle-clicking), while my old G5s (both of them) did. That alone makes the cost worth it, IMHO (I took advantage of this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1219194 I would not pay more than $75 in the absolute worst case though).

It's not a pretty mouse, but it feels really comfortable to me with the "wide load" grip mounted. The thinner grip looks a little better, but fingertipping is not my style. (if you look at dnottis' pictures, you can see how the thinner grip kind of angles the hand up a little more, which kind of encourages fingertipping) That said, it barely took even a half hour of playing for me to get used to the G9 + wide load grip.

The weights, like the G5's, are mostly useful for moving the center of gravity forward or back. I think I prefer the G9 a little front-heavy.

The big drawback for me: the SetPoint software does not support Windows 2000. GRR. Until just recently, I had no reason to upgrade to XP at all, then the G9, ET:QW, and Bioshock happened. In the meantime, I have to cart the mouse to work and back if I want to use the programmable profiles...

Anyway, the take-home message IMHO:

GREAT mouse. It's not pretty, but it's extremely functional. The scroll wheel, having another thumb button, and over 500Hz update rate put it above the G5. Everything else is on par with the G5. As to whether that's worth the cost, is up to you. Personally, I would wait for a deal that drops the bottom line below $70.

How's the framerates in FEAR?

Every other Logitech mouse I've had jacks with framerates, which is wonderful.

How's the framerates in FEAR?

Every other Logitech mouse I've had jacks with framerates, which is wonderful.

Thats only a problem if you use Logitechs software, I don't, never have.
However, that was a bug that should be resolved by now.

I know the last thing I was worried about when I looked at this mouse was the attractive features.

People that are they serious about their peripherals aren't as much concerned with looks as they are with functionality, I'm definitely one of them. :)

Back