Got my NEC today, have some problems

Owskie

Limp Gawd
What the heck is going on here.

xSmall.jpg

i dont remember this problem on my CRT, and the shadows in the game are pretty much straight and blocky. THe problem you see there in the shadows is very similar to the problem i get with smoke in World of Warcraft and HL2 .. what's causing it....

compSmall.jpg

self explanitory, happens when its loading something graphical in nature.

comp2Small.jpg

look at the outer edge, only happens in WoW - its multicolored specs like in the last pic on the outer edge.

For the record i have a 9800 Pro and a 1.8ghz comp.. and the nec 20 WMGGX2

Whenever something like that happens the first thing to do is eliminate the videocard hardware/software as the cause. Hook your monitor up to a different computer and see what happens..

yea, i had it on a diff monitor, problem didnt occur, but that hasnt happened since

um, your trying to play a decent game on what is now a terrible video card. Try upgrading to at least a 6600 GT, I'd recommend at 7600GT.

And add to that a decent power feed to your videocard and mainboard.
Try at least a 400 Watts power supply, be sure of that.

I've seen these errors several times at different places, they come from your video-feed, not your monitor.

First, make sure DV Mode is set to Standard - that will eliminate banding in shadows. You might also want to turn off Advanced DV Mode (optional).

If you are using DVI, make sure the cable is secure on the PC and the monitor. If it is a bit loose you will get swimming pixels and weird color blocks. If you are using VGA output, check the cable anyways.

If you ATI card is overclocked or is overheating that can also result in swimming pixels or blocks.

Back