Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

snaggletooth

Supreme [H]ardness
servers went down just after my race completed at 10:54pm est.

anyone think polyphony digital will have some suprises in the update or are the promises of minimal tweaks and reneggin on free DLC all we're gettin?

online physics and penalty detection improvements sound good though.

Other then the PPV TV , the only two worthy updates are the ones you already mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the Lotus Evora.

engine and turbo notes sound better to me for some reason now.

punters turn ghost before havoc ensues, disconnects are taken over by AI and driven into a parked position on the sidelines, no longer can you quit an online game unless you physically power off the ps3.

i very much like the way my first couple of international races have felt compared to last weekend.

i'll have to see how it is when there's more population.

edit: no new cars, no new tracks. :(

Anybody else have GT Prologue kill their enthusiasm for GT5? For me it's gone from the reason I bought a PS3 to a probable rental.:(

Anybody else have GT Prologue kill their enthusiasm for GT5? For me it's gone from the reason I bought a PS3 to a probable rental.:(

I don't play GT5 Prologue much, but I'm still looking forward to GT5. Upgrading cars is half the fun and Prologue game feels empty without it.

I don't play GT5 Prologue much, but I'm still looking forward to GT5. Upgrading cars is half the fun and Prologue game feels empty without it.
I'm talking about the gameplay itself...sure the car models look great but the whole thing just feels sterile and unexciting compared to games like Grid, PGR4 and even it's closest competitor Forza 2. GT was cool back in the day when you either had cartoony arcade racers or hardcore PC racers to choose from...but I've kinda grown out of car collecting sims and like to play something that gets my heart pumping.

I'm talking about the gameplay itself...sure the car models look great but the whole thing just feels sterile and unexciting compared to games like Grid, PGR4 and even it's closest competitor Forza 2. GT was cool back in the day when you either had cartoony arcade racers or hardcore PC racers to choose from...but I've kinda grown out of car collecting sims and like to play something that gets my heart pumping.

I agree it feels sterile, but I attributed that to the fact that I have the FF wheel for Forza 2 and just the Sixaxxis for PS3. There is certainly a disconnect from the action with GT5 compared to Forza 2 and Dirt. Didn't care for Grid and haven't played PGR4 so I can't comment there.

I'm assuming they'll have actual car damage by the time GT5 hits which should help as well, but by then Forza 3 will most likely have been unveiled so the comparisons will begin again.

Back