Grand Theft Auto IV mouse & display glitch

Cornflake

Limp Gawd
Hell all,

I have a couple strange problems with GTAIV that I'm asking about here because Google turned up virtually nothing after searching.

First, I'm having a problem that is keeping me from being able to play at all. For some reason, when I'm not moving the mouse or holding a key (such as W to walk) my camera rotates my view to the ground. It's like my mouse is constantly moving down but it's only when I'm in control of the camera. So everytime I am not walking or not moving my view I'm looking at the floor. I looked at the settings and didn't seem to see anything that could be causing this.

Second, the little helpers that tell you what keys to press (ie press Enter to accept, etc) show the Xbox versions (like A button) until I'm moving the mouse. As long as I'm moving the mouse, it shows the correct PC buttons.

Has anyone else encountered these problems or know possibly what's wrong? :confused: Thanks!

Update: I just installed GTAIV on Vista SP1 thinking that maybe these issues are for XP only, However, the symptoms are still here. Has anyone else had these issues?

Do you have a joystick or any other input device (other than a keyboard or mouse) attached?

I think I had the same problem when I'd switch to Vice City after playing FreeSpace 2.

Do you have a joystick or any other input device (other than a keyboard or mouse) attached?

I think I had the same problem when I'd switch to Vice City after playing FreeSpace 2.

Wow, what do you know! I had a Saitek joystick plugged in and as soon as I removed it the problems stopped. I just assumed it wasn't causing the problems because since it was wireless it doesn't turn on at all unless you press a button on it. :rolleyes: But I guess GTAIV is screwy like that.

do you think playing gta4 on a lap top with a wireless mouse would cause this? Im running into this issue as well.

Thanks

Speaking of mouse problems... I had one with my old Logitech of 5 years. It wouldn't recognize the scroll wheel, so I couldn't switch radio stations, zoom on weapons, scroll through weapons and play mini games like billiards and bowling.

Ended up caving and buying a new mouse. No wonder mouse and keyboard were listed as requirements :p

I am having the same problem...I wasnt able to find a solution in google so i ended up here

When ever the mouse is still the camera moves.Check the video what happens when i am in a vehicle.And it just shows xbox controls.I didnt have that problem until i installed vjoy and x360ce which i needed to play don bradman 14 on pc using keyboard.

I think vjoy or x360ce created some sort of problem.And u know the worst part vjoy and x360ce even didnt work properly so i am not able to play don bradman and not even gta 4.I didnt have any problem if i didnt play both the games if gta5 worked smoothly in my computer.I have gta 5 but it lags like a sloth.Whatever i am just going out of topic.So pls i am requesting somebody help me with this mouse thing plsssss..

So if anyone can help pls help me plsssssssssssss
I am begging u pls
I will be really thankfull to u if u help
So pls

Thanks for reading patiently

Attachments

• Gta iv Mouse problem.mp4
    784.1 KB · Views: 53
I found out the solution!!!!
This problem is because v vjoy or some that kind of software installed in our computer.
To fix it uninstall that software from control panel but still the there is a artificial joystick recognized by the computer so to totally remove it u should do this
  1. Open the command-line window (CMD) in elevated mode. How to in Windows 8. ...
  2. Start the device manager: Enter devmgmt.msc in the command-line window (CMD).
  3. In the Device Manager, Select Menu item View then Devices by connection. ...
  4. Right-click on vJoy Device. and click uninstall..
  5. This should totally remove vJoy.
I was into the problem as well but not now, u also should be out of the problem after following these steps..

Thank you for reading patiently
Thank you again,I hope this was helpfull

Back