GTA IV Unboxing and Sales Predictions

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know analysts think they are actually doing something when they predict the totally obvious but, if you are anything like me, you would rather check out an actual unboxing of a limited edition GTA IV than listen to a bunch of predictions. On a related note, how many of you are doing the whole line-up-at-midnight thing tonight?

Read his post. The guy can barely type. You think he understands what a ratings system is and how it works?

very little interest in this.. paying full retail for a game is for chumps lol.. i'll wait until it hits the bargin bin =]

I refuse to ever lineup for a game. I'll walk into the store on the day it is released and pick up one of the many copies on the shelf, but I won't preorder or wait in line for something that is not going to be a limited resource.

Read his post. The guy can barely type. You think he understands what a ratings system is and how it works?

/sigh your probably right. I'm just amazed when people are so pissy about the content of a video game when it gets the rating similar to a R rating of a movie.

/sigh your probably right. I'm just amazed when people are so pissy about the content of a video game when it gets the rating similar to a R rating of a movie.

He just is getting his feathers ruffled becasue he probally will not be able to buy it because of that. =/

So far none of the indie stores in my area that normally break street date have done so. I'm disappointed but I'm also impressed, they must have gotten some serious words from their distributors.

Either way, GTA4 this week!

Stand in line?

Amazon. Overnight shipping (Prime) $3.99.

I guess I _could_ stand outside my front door and wait for Fedex :)

I refuse to ever lineup for a game. I'll walk into the store on the day it is released and pick up one of the many copies on the shelf, but I won't preorder or wait in line for something that is not going to be a limited resource.

i would lol so hard if you walk into a store and its sold out

i would lol so hard if you walk into a store and its sold out

No problem, walk out of that store and go to the next one. Any game as big as Halo 3, GTA IV, etc is going to have more than enough copies to go around. One store may run out, but you can find another who has it without much more effort. In over 20 years of buying games I've yet to not be able to find a game I wanted on launch day.

As soon as you guys get your game disk, hurry and find the next Hot Coffee mini-game!

The first one who finds it is guaranteed to get rich quick through lawsuits! ;)

I just got my amazon notification that it has shipped and will be here tomorrow :)

I've been a night owl the last few days anyway, going to bed at 2 or 3. I should have it in my hands in about nine hours. :)

I am just going to walk into target when they open and get it, I am old and I can't stay up later than 11 or my job gets mad at me.

I must confess that I was planning on pre-ordering it via Amazon, but I changed my mind when I found that some of my friends would be willing to go with me to a midnight opening. It's actually rather fun, you get free stuff, hang out with other people similarly excited (read: crazy) about the game in question, and of course, I get to play it until the sun comes up.

Thought it would just be lame until some friends convinced me to go to a Halo 3 midnight opening. It was actually pretty fun, but that was also possibly in part due to the fact that all kinds of Bungie employees (and Bill Gates, too, but I didn't see him) were on hand at the Bellevue Best Buy where we went, so we got to chat with them about the game and all, but it was fun besides that.

And to whoever said you'd buy it when it hit the bargain bin? That might be a while, have you seen any reviews?

And there will be a PC version, there always is. It just takes a year or two. Patience, people, or buy a console. I started out as a strict PC gamer, but it's ok to have both. :) They each have their advantages, and I'm glad I get to choose exclusives for each. And honestly, For the price of that new GPU, you can get an Xbox. Or a PS3, I don't care. It's not a bad deal either way.

I started out as a strict PC gamer, but it's ok to have both. :) They each have their advantages, and I'm glad I get to choose exclusives for each. And honestly, For the price of that new GPU, you can get an Xbox. Or a PS3, I don't care. It's not a bad deal either way.

I totally agree. The zealotry that some PC-only gamers have is amazing. I'm not talking about the people who say "yeah, console gaming isn't my thing but that's cool if you're into it", I'm talking about those who take every opportunity to bash any console and talk about how the PC is the only legitimate gaming platform. Ridiculous, the only thing that is worse are those same people who say that and then turn right around and ask if there are any XBox 360 or PS3 emulators out there. Crazy.

And like you said, it is a great deal for those who can't afford a high end gaming PC. You are getting great HD graphics at a very reasonable price with consoles these days.

I just got my copy for PS3 at Gamestop in Minneapolis Uptown. The line was huge. I didn't pre order, and there were 20-30 people in front of me. I got one of the 4 copies that were not pre order. They had 4 each for PS3 and X360. The games is bad ass.

Oh man, four hours of playing and I couldn't be happier. All the annoying stuff from prior GTA games is gone. I can't wait to start playing again in the afternoon.

I don't know why I keep letting myself read these threads today... I am SO jealous, it hurts! ;) I really need to pick up one of the new consoles soon.

I don't know why I keep letting myself read these threads today... I am SO jealous, it hurts! ;) I really need to pick up one of the new consoles soon.

Do it! I use the 360 more but they're both pretty great at this point. The 360 has more games and an excellent online service/community with XBox Live (second to none, plus the 360 will get exclusive GTA4 DLC), but the PS3 also has some great games out and coming out on the way, plus Blu Ray playback.

At this point both have very good smaller downloadable games to buy, the 360 having a greater quantity of great arcade and ported games (Ikaruga came out last week!), while the PS3 seems to have more quirky original titles for download (Everyday Shooter is awesome). It doesn't sound like a big deal but I end up playing some of those smaller games quite a lot.

So yeah, tough to go wrong.

Do it! I use the 360 more but they're both pretty great at this point. The 360 has more games and an excellent online service/community with XBox Live (second to none, plus the 360 will get exclusive GTA4 DLC), but the PS3 also has some great games out and coming out on the way, plus Blu Ray playback.

At this point both have very good smaller downloadable games to buy, the 360 having a greater quantity of great arcade and ported games (Ikaruga came out last week!), while the PS3 seems to have more quirky original titles for download (Everyday Shooter is awesome). It doesn't sound like a big deal but I end up playing some of those smaller games quite a lot.

So yeah, tough to go wrong.

See, I've been debating which system to buy for a long time now.. and that's my problem ;) I just can not decide on one. Not like with the PS2, Xbox and GameCube.. those were so much cheaper that I didn't mind shelling out ~$200 for a system. I'm kind of nervous about spending much more money on a new console and then end up wanting the other one instead heh.

Stand in line?

Amazon. Overnight shipping (Prime) $3.99.

I guess I _could_ stand outside my front door and wait for Fedex :)

I did the same thing but did the free 2-day shipping with Prime. There's an Amazon distro hub 1hr from where I live... so basically free next day shipping for me + no tax = win. :D

I fail to understand why people were standing in line for this at midnight. Oh well.

See, I've been debating which system to buy for a long time now.. and that's my problem ;) I just can not decide on one. Not like with the PS2, Xbox and GameCube.. those were so much cheaper that I didn't mind shelling out ~$200 for a system. I'm kind of nervous about spending much more money on a new console and then end up wanting the other one instead heh.

Look at the game libraries for both systems, both existing and upcoming, and then decide which games you want to play more. Focus on the games because hardware is pretty irrelevant when it comes to consoles. If you have lots of friends with a particular system, be it 360 or PS3, that should also factor into things if you want to play games online with them.

If you make your decision based on those factors then you shouldn't have any regrets with your purchase.

Back