gtx 590 + february = not looking so good

Do you still believe nvidia will be releasing the gtx 590 this month? Only a week and a day left after this weekend and no word from either camp actually. I'm really starting to think that neither side will have their dual gpu out this month. I guess it would make sense to wait and show them off at CeBit on the 1st.

I'm starting to think it's not worth waiting for either, and to just skip this update cycle and wait for the next generation of GPUs.

Well Evga had a special driver release for GTX590 on their FTP site before they noticed people were downloading it and took it down. The card seems to be very near release, end of February or early March is about the same anyway.

Well Evga had a special driver release for GTX590 on their FTP site before they noticed people were downloading it and took it down. The card seems to be very near release, end of February or early March is about the same anyway.

i honestly did see that and thought that maybe it was up on its site to give to review sites who have the card but under nda can't say anything. then I thought that I might just be wishful thinking. lol

I really want one of these cards under water(preferably the 590) but I am starting to get tired of them not saying anything about it. It wouldn't kill them to at least "on schedule". or something along those lines for the ones actually waiting for their product.

mini-ITX and a 580 right now... also waiting on this... or I'm going to try to get another 580 in here with some serious mods and go SLI (will be interesting considering I only have a single PCI-E :D)

mini-ITX and a 580 right now... also waiting on this... or I'm going to try to get another 580 in here with some serious mods and go SLI (will be interesting considering I only have a single PCI-E :D)

Yeah good luck with that. While you are at it, stuff it all into an htpc case w/ passive cooling.

Then cure cancer. Thanks!

Yeah I am curious about this card. Can't possibly afford one now. Look forward to rocking one in 2013 though.

You can run dual-GPU in a mini-ITX case, certain cases fit HD5970s, just. I can't see the GTX590 being longer than the 5970. SLI with two physical cards on mini-ITX just won't happen though, ever.

Unfortunately my mid-case won't fit a 5970, and my 295 just fits, I have to wedge it in sideways and remove all nearby cards to get it in. I have my doubts a 590/595 (or whatever) will fit. Certainly if the next round of Nvidia dual-GPU cards are larger than the 295 it won't.

I would have stuck with my [email protected]/GTX 295 a bit longer, but seeing as my case is rather smallish and my P5N-D's USB ports have all bit the big-one (using a USB 2.0 PCI card) I figure I just might as well upgrade to a 2600K setup when the fixed mobos come out next month.

Unfortunately my mid-case won't fit a 5970, and my 295 just fits, I have to wedge it in sideways and remove all nearby cards to get it in. I have my doubts a 590/595 (or whatever) will fit. Certainly if the next round of Nvidia dual-GPU cards are larger than the 295 it won't.

dremel500.jpg

:p

hey guys, why are they releasing so many cards...one after the other, so soon? isn't that strange a little?

I don't think its strange at all. But I will for sure be looking at their new stuff at the end of the year/next year when the next batch of CPU's are released.

hey guys, why are they releasing so many cards...one after the other, so soon? isn't that strange a little?

Happens often, this gen is no different to the previous one. There'll be a stagnant period between when the last cards come out (6990/590) and when the next gen arrives around christmas.

Yeah good luck with that. While you are at it, stuff it all into an htpc case w/ passive cooling.

Then cure cancer. Thanks!

Yeah I am curious about this card. Can't possibly afford one now. Look forward to rocking one in 2013 though.

You can run dual-GPU in a mini-ITX case, certain cases fit HD5970s, just. I can't see the GTX590 being longer than the 5970. SLI with two physical cards on mini-ITX just won't happen though, ever.

oh ye of little faith. check out the SFF subforum, specifically, this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1507180&page=1

idea towards dual 580SLI on page 27.

i would prefer a 590 though. where the HELL are they!?

Oh right, PCIe splitters. Lol, not sure how well they'd work with GTX580s to be honest, but it's certainly worth experimenting with. The result of that I would like to see :)

Well... i've been waiting and waiting... but i'm going towards a single GTX580 ... i'm tired of waiting and now all my system is "paused" by the GFX. I sold my GTX295 ... so ... meh ... i think later on i'll get an extra 580 or something...

I would have stuck with my [email protected]/GTX 295 a bit longer, but seeing as my case is rather smallish and my P5N-D's USB ports have all bit the big-one (using a USB 2.0 PCI card) I figure I just might as well upgrade to a 2600K setup when the fixed mobos come out next month.

NVIDIA has stuck with the 10.5'' maximum length even for their ultra high-end cards, for a while now. ATI on the other hand has exceeded that length with the HD 6970 and HD 5970. The HD 5970 is ludicrously lengthy and it's doubtful that the HD 6990 (if it ever comes out) isn't as lengthy as the HD 5970 i.e. over 12''.

Still either the GTX 590 or HD 6990 are halo parts. They don't really need to conform to "normal" patterns.

Do you still believe nvidia will be releasing the gtx 590 this month? Only a week and a day left after this weekend and no word from either camp actually. I'm really starting to think that neither side will have their dual gpu out this month. I guess it would make sense to wait and show them off at CeBit on the 1st.

There was never any sort of confirmation that NVIDIA would release it this month. Fudzilla rumored that NVIDIA was "waiting" for the HD 6990 to come out, to release their own dual GPU card.

Still, I heard that both dual GPUs cards should be seen at CeBit.

I have a feeling the GTX 590 will be better than the HD 6990 (obviously with a price premium too) so a good marketing strategy would be Nvidia releasing the GTX 590 simultaneously or right after the HD 6990 release to steal its thunder.

i really believe both are doing the waiting game to see who releases first, rumors a few months ago were that Nvidia was waiting for ATI release their Dual GPU.. my guess is ATI is content with the current lineup that there is no pressure on them to release their Dual GPU just for Nvidia to get a chance to respond. I guess the question will be whose bottom line will it benefit most to actually "have a dual GPU card out"

The only reason for the GTX 595 is NV Surround on one card.
I think it's going to be based on 2x 570 gpus.
So the performance isn't going to be better than 2x 580s.
And after the 595 debuts it's probably gonna take another month or two before AIBs realease the 6GB (3gb per gpu) version.

I'm still sticking with two 560s personally. Either that or two 570s at ridiculously lowered clocks. 8+8 pin doesn't even offer 3/4 of the power two 570s would use.

I doubt Nvidia will ever release a duel GPU card. I don't think they'll be able to compete with the HD 6990.

I'm interested to see this 1024 shader beast, will never buy it but my god it sounds like one hell of a card. Shame that it will most likely be released as a 3Gb card and not 6Gb.

The only reason for the GTX 595 is NV Surround on one card.
I think it's going to be based on 2x 570 gpus.
So the performance isn't going to be better than 2x 580s.
And after the 595 debuts it's probably gonna take another month or two before AIBs realease the 6GB (3gb per gpu) version.

1. its going to be a 590 not a 595.. theres no use for the extra 5, Nvidia only used it on the 295 because of the 55nm GPU to signify the difference between it and the older 65nm gpu used on the 260 192 core and 280.
2. i'll bet more that it will be another hybrid design like the 295 was. probably something along the lines of a gtx 560 and gtx 570. or a really really low clocked 570.
3. theres no way they could fit 6GB's of GDDR5 ram and hope to stay in the 300w limit. GDDR5 is power hungry. so at best it would have to be a completely custom design which would then end up being a limited edition card at a grand plus a piece.
4. unless AMD completely screws up the internal crossfire bridge on the 6990 i just don't see Nvidia making a dual GPU card within the 300w limit that could compete with the 6990.

Even at 375W two 560s is the best we can hope for. Two 570s is near as makes no dfference 500W. At 300W I don't think nvidia can actually make a dual GPU card at all of any worth, unless it's two GTX460s, which would be utterly pointless.

Well, i decided going with a single GTX 580 Direct CU 2 ... and if needed... i'll had a second later on...

This month, i don't believe it will happen ... maybe mid march or something ...

My opinion about all these new dual gpu's is that... this generation is not really a good contender for dual gpu in single pcb solutions.

Although very powerful, it's not really optimized in terms of thermal & power consumption performance... Next years... well... those will be beasts ... with 4x more efficiency in power and thermal requirements... that's gonna be huge ... this year ... it's more for the "sake of competition with AMD " ... ( my 580, clocked, can overrun the 400W barrier! )

And there 2 sides of the coin ... or it will be a beast and it will be expensive as hell along with huge power & thermal requirements ... or ... it's going to be a "modest" solution .... quicker than a single GTX 580 ... but just enough to be worth the upgrade ... with 2 GTX580's still being the king of the hill in SLI performance :)

These new cards won't be able to get the same "equilibrium" as the GTX 295 ...

Performance/watt for the 580 is very little worse than anything else nvidia produce, you aren't likely to see a dual card that surpasses the 580 for similar watts.

guess I know what I'm getting myself for my BDay (March 12th) - cell phone contract early upgrade + 590 release date.. woot!

Unless they will SLI with the 580 (I didn't think SLI allowed this?) Then I don't really see the point. Two 580s will be much superior to a 590.

GTX 590 will only be an NVTTM card (supplied by NV to AIC retailers) sold by two card builders here in North America. Not sure the plan in Europe.

Nvidia and PNY I would guess. Care to enlighten us on the release date, big guy?

Back