[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008 - Poll (1st round)

Who deserve it

• Killer[MoB]

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Sunin

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • tedkj

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • digital_exhaust

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Jon855

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SmokeRngs

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Xilikon

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • nomad8u

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • EvilAlchemist

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • ROC

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • alan2308

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Kendrak

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
Now that 2009 is here, it's finally time for us to pick the [H]orde DCer which represent 2008 the best in terms of contribution for the whole team and projects. There is no nominations thread because this poll is reserved to the 12 HDCotM winners of 2008.

Since the choice is very hard to make, we will be making 2 round of polls, maybe more depending on the results. The first round will involve all 12 candidates and only the best 4 out of 12 will move to the second round. The second round will crown the winner but if there is a tie, a third round will be made. Each round will last 10 days from the poll creation date to give everyone time to pick.

The current poll is the first round and the criteria we will use to pick the best 4 will be based on the amount of votes each will get. It's a bit tricky to explain how so I'll give you some examples to outline how we determine which move :

-If the first 4 get the same amount of votes, all 4 move to the next and the rest will not qualify.
-If the first 2 get the same amount of votes and the next 3 get the same amount of votes, all 5 will move on.
-If the first 3 is ranked on vote (like 12, 10, 9) but the 4th rank is tied by 3 guys (with 8 votes each as example), all 6 will move on.
-If there is no votes with the same amount, it will be picked based on ranking.

This is to avoid the problem of last year where 9 out of 11 moved to the next rank since we picked it based on ranks of voting only.

Remember to consider the overall contribution to the [H]orde during the whole year before casting your vote for your desired candidate.

Good luck to everyone and may the best win !

Remember kids, vote early and vote often. And most important, vote for alan2308! I can go through and pick apart my 11 opponents, but you already know their flaws. I'm alan2308 and I approve of this message.

*paid for by the committee to elect alan2308 HDCotY for 2008.

alan2308 sez: "All Your Vote Are Belong To Me"

I'm going to have to abstain from voting as I was only a part time folder in 2008 and really didn't pay attention to the forums after I stopped folding. My one and only resolution for this year is to become a [H]orde Addict.

There's nobody with their name in italics.
Therefore I cannot pick the looser to vote for ...... :p

Very tough to decide who to vote for as they are all worthy winners.
Give me time to think.

Luck ........... :D

So many worthy candidates!

but only one will get my vote.

Best of luck to all in the race ....!!

Who ever wins ... will be a great choice ....

Everyone Listed is a great member of the [H]

And damnit people, you better make sure I'm in last place in the voting this time. It's obvious something got totally screwed up the last time since I ended up with the most votes and it messed up my quest for the most mediocre DCer.

Hell, if I get even one vote I'm going to demand a recount as the voting is obviously fixed.

:p:p:p

ninja edit: Well hell, it's too late and someone voted for me. That's just wrong on all levels. I demand the poll be closed and a new one started as this one has been found to be rigged.

And damnit people, you better make sure I'm in last place in the voting this time. It's obvious something got totally screwed up the last time since I ended up with the most votes and it messed up my quest for the most mediocre DCer.

Hell, if I get even one vote I'm going to demand a recount as the voting is obviously fixed.

ninja edit: Well hell, it's too late and someone voted for me. That's just wrong on all levels. I demand the poll be closed and a new one started as this one has been found to be rigged.

Anyone want to see if it is a hanging chad?

Vote ROC NOW!!!!!!!:D

In a few months time, I'll be KING OF HILL in terms of overall points. What better way to reward and thank me other than giving me the yearly award!:p

So here's what I'm chucking at [H]. If I win this yearly award, I'll promise to up my PPD by 50% some time soon;)

ROC

lol to late i voted for you :p

You tell em' Smoke :D

You make it clear you want a vote recount because of all those dudes named Chad that got hung (err.., or is that punched pieces of ballot :rolleyes:)

You tell em' you have the "God given, inalienable right" to be in last place. Check under bridges, maybe someone hid hung Chads there :mad:. Maybe the optical scanners got dirty or the voting pencils were dull (err.., wait a minute here, maybe somebodys keyboard was dirty :confused:) It sounds like bein' in last place is in the "pursuit of happiness" to me. :D Who knows, that might even be written somewhere :eek:)

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

The achievement of total and complete mediocrity is a tough road to hoe but an impossible task.

The fact that you can achieve mediocrity is an achievement unto itself.

Call it one of the big "catch 22s" in life;)

SmokeRngs, you can confort yourself to know that only the best 4 get on the next round so you are still mathematically very medicore right now. Don't desesperate and view the best of the poll.

SmokeRngs, you can confort yourself to know that only the best 4 get on the next round so you are still mathematically very medicore right now. Don't desesperate and view the best of the poll.

But I am not mediocre enough. To properly be mediocre, I must be in the very last place. It seems I shall have to redouble my efforts as I seem to have gotten a couple more votes. This is just unconscionable. :(

Before anyone else decides to vote for me you must check out the posts here and here. I am sure after seeing this you shall make the correct decision. :)

But I am not mediocre enough. To properly be mediocre, I must be in the very last place. It seems I shall have to redouble my efforts as I seem to have gotten a couple more votes. This is just unconscionable. :(

Before anyone else decides to vote for me you must check out the posts here and here. I am sure after seeing this you shall make the correct decision. :)

To be completely mediocre, you should not be in this poll at all. You have already missed your goal. :D

lol dont temp me.. i have over 400 email addresses.. ill sign up 399 more times and vote for you :p

You are defiantly putting way too much effort into this whole mediocre thing;)

Just shouting out a big THANKS to all the people that voted for me:D

Cheers
ROC:)

Methinks somebody might have over campaigned :D

Hell, I've anti-campaigned and I still have votes coming in. Do you have any idea how many people I'm going to have to get registered to the forum to vote for everyone but me to put me into last place???? My last place campaign is not going well. :(:(:(

Hell, I've anti-campaigned and I still have votes coming in. Do you have any idea how many people I'm going to have to get registered to the forum to vote for everyone but me to put me into last place???? My last place campaign is not going well. :(:(:(

Hah ha!

You have more votes than me now.

My anti-anti campaign has worked even better :p

Sorry to sound like a parrot but "Hot air is worthless, actions is the best way !!" :D

That is an extremely circular statement to make.

If all you do it talk, then nothing gets done.
If all you do it act, then you never know if what you did was right.

You have to have both.

And since you have a large Folding Farm ... I would say hot air is in great supply there ...:)

Anyways ... Awesome job so far Xilikon on the race ....

Sorry to sound like a parrot but "Hot air is worthless, actions is the best way !!" :D

Exactly my beliefs. Talk is "el cheapo" to the max. It seems some people get it mixed up. I thought you were suppose to do something good (action) and then crow about it after you've done something ("el cheapo" runnin' off at the mouth, I'm not referring to critiques, validations or, Heaven forbid, logical discussion) :rolleyes:.

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

That is an extremely circular statement to make.

If all you do it talk, then nothing gets done.
If all you do it act, then you never know if what you did was right.

You have to have both.

And since you have a large Folding Farm ... I would say hot air is in great supply there ...:)

Anyways ... Awesome job so far Xilikon on the race ....

Interesting view point but not everyone needs an "ataboy" or even recognition.;)

I could use some popcorn.

Popcorn indeed, can't quit the stuff even though eating it requires me to install my teeth.

For a food(?) that has no redeeming nutritional value and was never meant to be ingested by humans popcorn is a socially acceptable way of eating salt and butter without your friends looking at you funny.:p:D

Back to the original point I cannot in good conscience "enable" smoke to fail, it just wouldn't be right;)

Popcorn indeed, can't quit the stuff even though eating it requires me to install my teeth.

I think I speak for everybody when I say I really wish you would have kept that thought to yourself. :eek:

I wana know how I am in 4th place. :confused: I think there are better choices than me on the list.
Also, smoke is going to beat me in the race to the bottom now.

Ahhh well. Thanx for the votes all.

I think I speak for everybody when I say I really wish you would have kept that thought to yourself. :eek:

I can certainly appreciate your feeling on this one, but there is good news. I now have my very own set, I no longer have to share with my wife.

I can certainly appreciate your feeling on this one, but there is good news. I now have my very own set, I no longer have to share with my wife.

Then I guess its all ok then. :D

Also, smoke is going to beat me in the race to the bottom now.

I'm way out of the race for last place. :mad: There is just no way I can sneak enough new accounts by the admins to put myself in last place. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back