[H]ardForum Borderlands Steam Group

i'd like to join the group :)

ill join when i get home...

did you all see that the consoles dropped already, maybe gearbox will jump and release there's early

Last edited:
Just joined. TheOrangeJuicer is my steam ID.

Looking forward to this game! Hopefully the pre-load feature will work when I get home haha.

Aww, I edited my opening post on my topic forum with your link as well, Stryder.
Thanks for making it; I joined up as well.
Steam Name: LordTacodip
I'm the one with the avatar of Thích Quảng Đức

How will this work? Can we play co-op with each other? Isn't co-op in the game limited to 4 players?

How will this work? Can we play co-op with each other? Isn't co-op in the game limited to 4 players?

The group's purpose is to easily find games with people we're familiar with, so we don't have to play with random people through joining via Public.
I'd rather play with people who are active in the same forum I am active in, so I joined the group.

i'm in....my steam ID is erfling. look forward to playing with some of you guys...have yall been keeping up with the release date debacle???

Just got back from classes(arrrg night class) and I'm happy to see some people joining up. I'll open it up so anyone can post an event if they like.

probably doing a group preorder buy with some of my clan members, so count me in! steam is sniperbob151

I'm in. SteamID same as [H].

I have to ask a noob question though...I apologize in advance. I never used the friends service before now since I was bombarded with 50 unknown friend requests everytime I logged into steam. It annoyed me enough to give up on it.

How the heck does this group system work? Does it help you join games with your friends and group members? If so, how do you do that?

Last edited:
I have to ask a noob question though...I apologize in advance. I never used the friends service before now since I was bombarded with 50 unknown friend requests everytime I logged into steam. It annoyed me enough to give up on it.

How the heck does this group system work? Does it help you join games with your friends and group members? If so, how do you do that?
If you go into Steam and open up the little Friends window, you can expand any group that you are a member of and see who is online and in a game (and what game they're in).

If you go into Steam and open up the little Friends window, you can expand any group that you are a member of and see who is online and in a game (and what game they're in).
Ok, I think I figured it out. Thanks. I don't have anyone in my friends list anymore. But I guess you have to go to someone's steam profile then click "join in" to join the game their playing...

I see there is a Borderlands release day event. Do events really mean anything? Or will I just have to join co-op by doing it the way I listed above?

Ok, I think I figured it out. Thanks. I don't have anyone in my friends list anymore. But I guess you have to go to someone's steam profile then click "join in" to join the game their playing...
You can right-click on someone who is in a game and select Join Game, rather than going all the way to their profile page.
I see there is a Borderlands release day event. Do events really mean anything? Or will I just have to join co-op by doing it the way I listed above?
I don't think the event really means anything. You'll still have to manually join games.

This game is supposedly using gamespy to handle all the multiplayer stuff. Anybody know how this will work? Do we need gamespy IDs? Can we still join each other's games through steam? I haven't really seen any answers about it.

This game is supposedly using gamespy to handle all the multiplayer stuff. Anybody know how this will work? Do we need gamespy IDs? Can we still join each other's games through steam? I haven't really seen any answers about it.
I don't know if you need a Gamespy account, but you should still be able to join other peoples' games through Steam.

Im not sure I have ever seen that work on a non Valve game.
It works for all of my Steam games. You can't use the Steam server browser for non-Valve games, but you can join peoples' games through the Friends feature.

It works for all of my Steam games. You can't use the Steam server browser for non-Valve games, but you can join peoples' games through the Friends feature.

Thxs, very informative...still figuring out Steam, and how to use it w/ games that either are non-Valve, or that I did not purchase on Steam. I joined the group, and my Steam name is: Strom

Last edited:
Joined= Pel1can

Tomorrow will be fun, Win7 Ulti and Borderlands! Hopefully windows gets delivered in the morning before I head out to work and then borderlands preloads while I work so I can play at night.

Thinking of buying a physical retail copy and I don't know if it will be Steam integratable like UT3 was. If it turns out that way I'll join.

ID: nitroususer

Steam ID - [CM]Bobby

http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Bobby

UK based, so I'm not sure if it is viable to play with you guys, (holy pings). Are there any Europe based player on the [H]ardforum? If so let me know.

You think you got it bad, I need some people out in the Pacific. So, uhhh, anybody from Australia, Japan, Guam, the PI or lost at sea on a watercraft made of coconuts?

Back