[H]ottish GSkill RipJaws X DDR3 2133 2x4Gb $59.99 FS

I would say this is pretty [H]. I remember buying 8gb a year or two ago at this price for 1600. So do I buy now for a build in 4 months???

Damn, just paid $56 for 1866 of the same stuff on Sunday. Oh well, still much better than it was a week ago!

Cannot believe the price of RAM these days. I guess with the DDR4 transition, its bound to happen like it always does. My Ripjaws 2x4gb C8 1600mhz cost me $35 when I built my system ;/

This has been as low as $39.98 on Dec 20, 2012 on Amazon... sigh. Wish I had stocked up like a mad dog. Supposedly what started this was a tiny fire that didn't even do much damage, but I call shenanigans and say this is simple price fixing and they needed some kind of excuse.

This has been as low as $39.98 on Dec 20, 2012 on Amazon... sigh. Wish I had stocked up like a mad dog. Supposedly what started this was a tiny fire that didn't even do much damage, but I call shenanigans and say this is simple price fixing and they needed some kind of excuse.

Now that DDR4 is out it's just going to get worse :(

Grabbed a pair for my new rig. For anyone needing new ram, get this because it's the best value for the performance. 2133 @cas 9 is difficult to get at only $59. Most 2133 ram are cas 10 and higher. Thanks OP.

According to this article, there's almost nothing to be gained. Even from my current 1600 it doesn't look like there's much point.

It really depends on what you're doing with your system. Battlefield 4 loves high speed memory and greatly benefits from it.

...according to an article from Corsair...who sells memory.

This is tempting. I have 16 gigs of 1600 / 8-8-8 / 1.5 volts running stable with a 2500K at 4.5 on a Z68. Everything I read says it's not worth the jump. Must resist.

Jeez, I ordered a pair for a build on the table, and went to bed awaking the next morning to see the order was voided due to a charging error, and they're now out of stock. :\

Don't suppose anyone purchased any spares they might be willing to sell me? =)

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. But I was aiming for the higher speed set. Can these be adjusted to 2133 cl 9 @ 1.6-1.65v like the red pair? Without stressing them too hard.
(One of the reviews suggests not.)

Also now that I think about it, never seen a set with varying voltage? What does 1.6-1.65v mean? which is it? lol

Honestly I'm not sure if the snipers can be OCed. reviews vary. I don't actually planning on running the ripjawsx much faster than 1600mhz, since I have an AMD system, but I'm hoping to drop the volts and tighten the timings. I haven't found the SPD timings though.

as for the 1.6v-1.65, I couldnt tell you. the Mushkin ram I'm replacing is ddr3-1600 (old stuff though) and for the 8-7-8-8-20 timings on the sticker, it lists "1.85v-1.95v"

This. I paid $49 or so shipped last year for 8GB of Team Group GDD3 at a slower speed. It still hasn't gone down that low since. Just months before, 16GB could be had for $65 easily.

finally got this stuff in my pc. currently running:

1694mhz

9-9-9-24-33

I think I can tighten that up even more. Just havent tried.

It really depends on what you're doing with your system. Battlefield 4 loves high speed memory and greatly benefits from it.

Just pointing out in case there is any confusion... there is a difference between having high speed memory, and utilizing high speed memory. Simply swapping out a set of 1600 for 2133 will net you literally nothing.

Back