H67n malfunctioning dimm slot?

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
i just upgraded the 2x2GB in my GA-H67n-USB3 to a 2x4GB set i had lying around. when i started it, it just power cycled endlessly so i replaced the 2x2GB set i had and it works fine still. then to trouble shoot i found that it works with a 4GB dimm in either slot, a 2GB dimm in either slot, or 2x2GB dimms. any idea how this could be? could it have to do with voltages or something? the 4GB set is this one, and the 8GB set is this one. im just running on one stick right now since i need to find an extra 64 bit key before i can use the extra 4GB anyway, but im very puzzled as to why it will work with a 4GB dimm in either slot, but not with one in both. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
did you run memtest on the dimms individually? separated might not be as big of an issue when combined causes bigger issues..

Also make sure your bios is up-to-date, Laying around DIMMs is a very loaded phrase as many things could occur... do u have another mobo that u can test with?

i should be able to test them in my H55n soon. i did not run memtest but will when i get a chance. same with updating the bios.

Back