HAF932 owners.

kompulsive

Limp Gawd
How many fans does the HAF932 come with? How many fans, and what kind, does it need? I'm ordering all of my PC components and I don't know what kind of fans to order.

It comes with 3 x 230mm and 1 x 140mm. There are spots for a few more 120s, and the top and side 230mm fans can be replaced with 120s if desired. The top is setup for 3x120mm (which is great if you're thinking of watercooling) and the side can fit up to 4x120mm, kind of like the 830 & 832 cases.

what about noise levels? Those things are big! And they are some high RPMs, too.
I just ordered the HAF and was looking at a fan controller... But all the ones I see look shitty or too much bling. The nice red LEDs on this case need understated red fan controller or a quality unit with no LEDs would be just fine. I can't seem to locate one that controls 4-6 fans and won't melt or look like a theme park. :rolleyes:

what about noise levels? Those things are big! And they are some high RPMs, too.

They're actually low-RPM fans, not high-RPM. Since they're large, they can push a lot of air without spinning fast, so the fans are in fact very quiet.

I have a question, If you go to Lan Parties often is it really heavy/hard to move? Would you recommend getitng a dolly as well?

Well its a full tower so its fairly heavy, I'm no muscle man but I don't have trouble lifting it up, if you fashioned some straps or something it'll be easier to carry for sure.

The case comes with wheels if you want to use them, they aren't heavy duty things, more like use for home type movements.

Not sure what a dolly is :> if that is like a trolley then definitely it would be easier, I'm sure that would apply to any tower case though.

lol ok, I have been considering it, maybe soon, just gotta get my bank account back in teh positives first :(

oh adn a dolly is this...

00020741-01.jpg

I guess Dolly is a southern term for it.

LOL yea, I was just joking though, and I have NEVER heard that called a hand truck.. OH nevermind your Canadian..... :p

They're actually low-RPM fans, not high-RPM. Since they're large, they can push a lot of air without spinning fast, so the fans are in fact very quiet.

OK, maybe I was just thinking of the rear case fan. From the website:
Front: 230 x 30 mm red LED fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA
Side: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (support 120 x 25 fan x 4)
Top: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (support 120 mm fan x 3 or 120 mm x 1 + 230 x 30 mm x 1)
Rear: 140 x 25 mm standard fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA (support 120 mm fan x 1)

It does seem like a ton of CFM. I ordered a couple of scythe higher RPM fans just in case I wanted some additional flow - I just wasn't sure about 110 CFM on those 230mm...seems like an awful lot of flow at 700 RPM.

I'm quite certain they were listed at 70cfm before... I have no measuring tools but I've held one up it is blowing a nice amount of air

i usually hate cooler masters cases but the haf actually looks kinda good with its 3 230mm fans and teh rear 140mm

Back