Half-life 2 video stress test out today on steam

Just ran my benchmarks:

1280x960 4AA+8AF
All details high

79.66 avg fps. I guess I don't need an ATI card for HL2. ;)

doh-nut said:
all that says is that its included with CS:S. no keyboard munching yet.

and furthermore here is why it will be released to everyone. CS:S has been pre-loaded for the majority of the testers who wanted it. so why would gabe delay the hl2 preload to save bandwidth if minimal bandwidth was to be used today? he delayed it because of the amount of traffic the benchmark is going to take up tonight.

ok, you can start eating now.

The second phase of the Counter-Strike: Source beta has opened and the game is now playable for owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and the ATI/HL2 bundle. During this limited-time beta, issues can be reported using the in-game bug-reporting tool. In addition any crashes will automatically generate a report back to Valve's bug database.

* COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE BETA CHANGES / ADDITIONS:
* Added new benchmark level
* Added command "net_start" to start networking without loading map
* Improved bullet penetration code
* Improved upper body player animation at low framerates
* Improved dedicated server behavior on level change
* Improved sniper scope zoom sound behavior
* Improved weapon sounds
* Improved weapon v_models
* Improved shadow behavior in de_dust tunnel
* Improved setmode antialiasing behavior in dx8
* Improved selected weapon sound behavior
* Addressed players flickering in de_dust tunnel
* Addressed sound stuttering behavior
* Addressed bomb target overlays flickering
* Increased blast impact on ragdolls
* Eliminated delay when someone can pick up a tossed weapon
* Updated de_dust

benchmark level = VST...

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

doh-nut said:
you've been waiting all day to do this haven't you? sad really. well anyway thats not solid proof

nah, i've been sick as hell since last sunday and im feeling better, and the thought of you eating your keyboard amuses me immensely ;)

Silverghost said:
de_dust != HL2
:rolleyes:

So, I guess you don't know the benchmark is actually the HL2 engine and not a benchmark that runs inside CSS? Thought so. :rolleyes:

FluxCap said:
So, I guess you don't know the benchmark is actually the HL2 engine and not a benchmark that runs inside CSS? Thought so. :rolleyes:

cool whats your system specs?

1600X1200 Everything on HIGH
16X AF
6X AA

65FPS

I cant find a server that isnt full so I am setting one up on our Clans Dual ZEON 2.8 GHZ :)

joecuddles said:
So the benchmark is a timedemo from inside a HL2 level? Really?

Didn't think so.

Better than a level. It is inside the showcase for all the HL2 effects and shaders with a mixture from past E3 shows.

I am not sure why you guys don't believe me.

FluxCap said:
Better than a level. It is inside the showcase for all the HL2 effects and shaders with a mixture from past E3 shows.

Yep..

And I must say it looks good!

FluxCap said:

whats your system specs dude, anyone have the beta that level is in there hehe.

rancor said:
cool whats your system specs?

P4 3.0c
P4P800 Deluxe
1024mb Corsair PC3200
eVGA 6800GT

System is stock.

Just reran the benchmarks at 1600x1200 and I got 53 avg fps. About the same as Doom 3, not bad.

FluxCap said:
P4 3.0c
P4P800 Deluxe
1024mb Corsair PC3200
eVGA 6800GT

System is stock.

Just reran the benchmarks at 1600x1200 and I got 53 avg fps. About the same as Doom 3, not bad.

cool not bad at all

I will host your screenshots, if you don't have a place for them! PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address.
damn all u golden ticket willy wonka preload beta whores :p

yevaud said:
I will host your screenshots, if you don't have a place for them! PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address.
damn all u golden ticket willy wonka preload beta whores :p

LOL

christ somebody put a copy on usenet already...;)

You guys are going to hate me since I never do screenshots and post them. :p I will try one and put it on imageshack and post a link ASAP.

Edit: I took like 6 screenshots and it doesn't seem to write them to anywhere. :(

FluxCap said:
You guys are going to hate me since I never do screenshots and post them. :p I will try one and put it on imageshack and post a link ASAP.

Edit: I took like 6 screenshots and it doesn't seem to write them to anywhere. :(

EGAD MAN GET FRAPS

Sorry about the caps.. Its a blood pressure thing.

Just though I'd share my test results for 6800 Vanilla owners who were spooked by the benchmarks posted earlier tests. See my specs in sig.

1280x1024
Models: High
Textures: High
Water: All
Shadow: High
AA: 6x
AF: 4x
FPS = 60

Same, but AF: 16x, FPS = 56

6800GT @ 400/1100 (rest of specs in signature) 61.77 drivers

52fps @ 1600x1200 4xAA/8xAF
78fps @ 1280x1024 4xAA/8xAF

EDIT: I just realized that there's AA/AF settings inside the game .. whoops .. I was using the default 6xAA 4xAF and then setting them in the driver .. dunno how accurate those are anymore.

Courtesy of DigitalEmperor

VST0.jpg

VST1.jpg

VST2.jpg

VST3.jpg

VST4.jpg

VST5.jpg

Enjoy! (go easy on my account) I think it .03 a kb for bandwidth.

Mr Neutron from HL2.NET forum said:
the textures are quite high quality (and nice especially at 1600x1200 4AA8AF, with which I get 68.8fps on my x800xt

interesting

those screenshots are purdy, im happy the ati and nvidia cards are running equally in hl2 engine makes for good competition

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Shuttle MK35N Motherboard
768MB DDR PC2700 Memory CAS 2.0
80GB 7200 RPM Main
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB (Omega 2.5.58)
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (EAX 4.0)
52x LG CD Drive
12x8x32 CD-RW
15” CRT Monitor
Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 RTM
Generic 350Watt PSU
DirectX 9.0C

no AA/AF

42.01FPS

i have a 30sec wmv if someone wants to host it its only like a meg ... not the best of quality but gives the general gist of what it is

EDIT: whoops, I see valve screws the non cz owners/ voucher holders once again, bah bastards, sorry about that

Gibzilla said:
Graphics are subpar to Doom3.

And story, gameplay, object interaction is way better than Doom 3. These are compressed jpeg files. What do you expect.

Back