Half-Life 3 all but officially announced?

Do we know who this Mr. Hasson is? He could possibly be a Valve employee. (Speculation for the sake of speculation).

No possible way this could be fake. It's got all the legal mumbo jumbo you can copy off other valve sites at the bottom.

Nice.. but Source Engine.. again.. really.. that engine need extreme makeover because it really dated.. even for consoles ;)

Heh, not a chance. The guy is just emulating the way that Valve announced HL2. I give this a 3% odd of being real.

Heh, not a chance. The guy is just emulating the way that Valve announced HL2. I give this a 3% odd of being real.

Why not? The launch of HL2 was botched pretty badly (the delay, combined with the source code leak). This could be their way of making up for it. Could you imagine if HL3 was released a mere 3 months after it's announced (like they intended with HL2)?

Are you saying 3% as in it looking that good, or as in it's not real at all?

Are you saying 3% as in it looking that good, or as in it's not real at all?
3% chance that it's real. And really, I just wanted to use the number 3. :)

Believe me, I want it to be real. But the fact that Valve doesn't own the domain is problematic.

yes, really. NO amount of "modularization" can keep an engine around for almost 10 years. Keep the best code from source as a base, and throw everything else out and start over. Too many things have changed in the game dev arena to build off of an existing engine.

I wonder what the "Status: Mark 7" relates to.

Registrant:
Hassen, David
ATTN BLACK-APERTURE.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: BLACK-APERTURE.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Hassen, David [email protected]
ATTN BLACK-APERTURE.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 19-Dec-2012.
Record created on 19-Dec-2011.
Database last updated on 21-Dec-2011 10:08:43 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS65.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS66.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

This listing is a Network Solutions Private Registration. Mail
correspondence to this address must be sent via USPS Express Mail(TM) or
USPS Certified Mail(R); all other mail will not be processed. Be sure to
include the registrant's domain name in the address.

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Creation Date: 19-DEC-2011
Updated Date: 19-DEC-2011
Expiration Date: 19-DEC-2012

Nameserver: NS65.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Nameserver: NS66.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

Its funny he even put the all rights reserved disclaimer. Wouldn't Valve be able to sue the owner for that very reason if they wanted to?:p

One of these threads every day right now.

Unless we hear from Valve it's definitely a troll, even when we do hear from valve that's downgraded to only "probably" being a troll :)

yes, really. NO amount of "modularization" can keep an engine around for almost 10 years. Keep the best code from source as a base, and throw everything else out and start over.
You essentially just defined 'modularization'. The ability to trivially remove one subsystem and replace with another, whilst leaving other subsystems (mostly or completely) intact, is what defines a modular platform.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one (I might pass out). Valve has been stringing us along for 4 years now and I'm not going to even bother with worrying about it any more. If it comes out cool, if not then I will still continue not purchasing any of their other games until it finally comes out and finishes the story from that series (Half Life 2, Episode 1 - ?). All they seem to do is put out co-op, or MP games nowadays and I just rarely play them.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one (I might pass out). Valve has been stringing us along for 4 years now and I'm not going to even bother with worrying about it any more. If it comes out cool, if not then I will still continue not purchasing any of their other games until it finally comes out and finishes the story from that series (Half Life 2, Episode 1 - ?). All they seem to do is put out co-op, or MP games nowadays and I just rarely play them.

You do know that Valve has mutliple dev teams working on different franchises..:eek:

It's about time. I really hope this is real and they are skipping "Episode 3" and lengthening and polishing it into Half-Life 3. The end of Episode 2 is the greatest case of cliffhanger blueballs in video game history.

Back