Harmon Kardon AVR 245

Endrithius

Limp Gawd
Just bought a Harmon Kardon AVR 245 for 199. Got a screamin deal on it and I have been told that they are really great. I want to know everyones opinion on them, for those who have used HK products. Lay out the problems, the pro's the con's - and if anybody can tell me what the difference between the AVR 245 and AVR 247 is - that would be great.

Here's the only current pic of it I have - its SUUUUUPER grainy and I am not sure why -but anyway I will post more pics of the set up in the set up thread.

IMG00134.jpg

Later guys!
:cool:

HK makes fantastic amps. You'll be very happy with it!

My 320 is bullet proof and rocks the house, my friend's 140 is kickin too. I love HK receivers.

HK is one of those "love'em or hate'em" brands in audio. I've never been a fan due to build quality and over-heating issues I've seen in some of the HK receivers I've tried over the years. If you're happy, then enjoy it.

HK will always be a favorite to me. Although the sound isnt exactly spectacular, I like their design, their engineering, their overall sonic characteristics, and of course... their CS.

CS is perfect. I bought an HK 330 off ebay and it blew up when I had them powering my Polk LSi9 for quite some time.... I called CS and they just told me to bring it to one of their many authorized repair shops and they were going to foot the bill. Needless to say, I did just that and I never got charged a cent for something I bought used.

The one time I thought my HK was faltering was when it automatically shut itself down at anything higher than -10 volume. I thought it was broken, but then I found out I blew out one of the woofers on my speakers and the protection circuit detected this and automatically protected it from damage. Pretty spiffy! So far its held up really nicely, especially for a $200 ebay deal.

Back