Has anyone else ever ordered from BenQ's direct store?

brent1a

n00b
Has anyone else ever ordered from BenQ's direct store? I placed an order for the V2400W last Friday ( 5/30 )and so far the order shows up online but it's not actually been charged to my account. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever had issues when ordering directly from BenQ.

-b

What made you decide to purchase and what did you pay total for the monitor?

First off, I paid $437.36 which included IL shipping (big plus that pricing).

To answer your other question, well....that might take more than just one sentence. :) That is because ever since my whole PowerMac G5 setup got fried last month I've been researching monitors so that when I got my insurance $$ I'd know exactly what I want. So I've been Psycho-Researching 24" monitors and as of last Friday I had yet to pick one because after over researching for hours upon hours I was ( and still am ) convinced that there is no such thing as a perfect monitor. However, that evening while at work I found out the V2400W was finally for sale through BenQ. At that point I threw all caution to the wind, I said F_@& IT!!! and I ordered the V2400W.

Here is my reasoning with which I've been trying to rationalize my decision with ever since:
Based on the monitors I've owned over the years ( Packard Bell CRT 1996-1998, Gateway 15" LCD 2000-2002, Apple 20" Cinema Display 2002-present ) the V2400W cannot be absolutely horrible. In fact, since my PowerMac setup, including the Cinema Display, got fried I've been using my 2002 Gateway 1.8GHz Pentium 2 with it's 15" LCD and to be honest besides being 15" 4:3 this monitor isn't much worse than the 20" Cinema Display I had.

So maybe I could answer your question with one sentence - The decision to buy this monitor was based on conjecture, hearsay, and probably pure ignorance.

PS- I guess we'll find out when it gets here and I get it hooked up to my new Mac Pro (when it gets here).

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis. At the very least, if I pull the trigger on the V2400 and find that it sux, I know I won't be alone. :D

I did. I got my FP241W from BenQ online store. I was quite happy with the experience in overall. I called BenQ directly before I made the final purchase decision. The person I was talking to was pretty helpful. I call 949-255-9500 and ask for BenQ Store.

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis. At the very least, if I pull the trigger on the V2400 and find that it sux, I know I won't be alone. :D

Hey I know BenQ store has 30 day no question asked return policy. You need to pay the freight though.

bbi I'm considering the BenQ direct store, but I'm also considering NCIXUS.com. Which one do you think I should go with?

I have never bought from NCIXUS.COM. So, sorry that I might not be able to help you on this one. I searched and it seems that BenQ only sells V2400W via their online store now.

Why are you guys buying this monitor right now when there will be 5 detailed reviews posted here next week?

Why are you guys buying this monitor right now when there will be 5 detailed reviews posted here next week?

How do you know it's coming next week? I think most people that are buying this monitor are basing their expectations on the G2400W thread as it is an identical panel.

How do you know it's coming next week? I think most people that are buying this monitor are basing their expectations on the G2400W thread as it is an identical panel.

How long do you think it will take? Basing expectations on the G2400W is reasonable, but I've seen different monitors with the same panel perform very differently. Things like the backlight, screen coating, and firmware can make quite a difference.

How long do you think it will take? Basing expectations on the G2400W is reasonable, but I've seen different monitors with the same panel perform very differently. Things like the backlight, screen coating, and firmware can make quite a difference.

I honestly don't know how long it will or should take. I'd like them to use the monitor for more than a week though and report any BLB after using it for awhile, but I guess that could take forever.

I think it's the exact same panel as the G2400WD inside a different enclosure.

Even the Gateway FHD2400, which is notorious for progressive backlight bleed, takes longer than a week or two for the bleeding to get worse. However, I don't think we have to worry about that because it's a very rare problem. The FHD2400 is actually the only monitor I've ever seen do it.

I recently made a purchase at Benq's site. My order was made 6/3/2008 6:22, and it has yet to ship out. I guess it should be expected being I didn't order from a large online retailer.

I hope it ships out today though. I'll post again when it ships. Anyone else vigoriously checking their order status page? :p

I ordered the V2400W as well. BLB is a biggie for me and the 3 incarnations of this panel seem to be very good about having very little of it. I decided not to wait because I gave my 22" to my wife and I'm hating life on the 19" 4:3. I've been really wanting to get up to 1920x1200 from 1680x1050. I would have probably gone with the DS-263N if I didn't have to buy two monitors this time through (my wife is a day trader and wanted two widescreen displays).

Hey guys,

If you are worried about BLB "growing" I would say the following:

My G2400W is the same as it was day one in regards to BLB. There has always been a bit of clouding/mura on it with 0 black backgrounds but that was how it was since purchase, as was my previous one. I have it on an Ergotron desk arm and I abuse it. I twist, pivot, swing and swivel it back and forth, and could almost say I beat the hell out of the casing with my gorilla style. :)

No issues, no change. Part of the reason that we won't have to worry about this with G2400W/WD is that they are very cool running monitors. My G2400W probably is only 5 to 8 degrees farenheit over ambient on any point in the back, and my office can get very warm. The panel is cool to the touch. I have never had as cool running a monitor that I can think of. So heat-related expansion and contraction is pretty much inconsequential.

So if the V2400W is similar in heat characteristics, I doubt we will see this issue.

Regards,

10e

I ordered a V2400W from BenQ Store on 5/23/08 (Friday). It didn't ship until 5/27/08 (Tuesday), but that is very understandable considering Monday was Memorial Day. I then received it on 06/02/08 (Monday).

So it was a total of 4 business days. I don't blame BenQ because it was a holiday weekend and I ordered with standard shipping. I think it was very decent considering the luck I've had with other online retailers (3 weeks to receive items, sometimes more...).

Hello everyone. I just wanted to update those that might be curious. My order was placed 6/3/2008, and it shipped on friday, 6/6/2008. It is supposed to be here tommorow, 6/10/2008. If the package and monitor is in good shape tommorow, then I'll be pleased with the transaction. We'll see! :p

Back