Has the Conroe bug been fixed yet?

WickedWeasel

Limp Gawd
Has the conroe bug been fixed yet? Does anyone know if the F-step that fixes the problem has been released yet?

What week of conroe is being released now? week 34?

You mean the bug that says "buy one now"?

Hrmmm....I've been hammering on mine for weeks now with very intense apps and haven't had any problems.

What are you referring to?

Johnny Mo

Johnny,

Which flavor of C2D do you have? I was admiring the o/c in your sig. :)

Haven't been around in awhile but probably that errata released by the inq with intel pdf links though. Happens though on new chips. Compilers, bios fixes etc have the not often needed workarounds (just some calculations/processing combinations that happen so infrequently they missed it).

I agree it gets my nerdom in a tether to hear it, but it's not like a core 2 duo isn't 100% stable and the fastest chip out there period.

Appearently a digg.com article had a list of bug's for the Intel Core 2 Duo, but none of them are worth mentioning because...doesn't firefox have like a couple hundred bugs, and it still kicks IE7's ass.

Intel took the PDF down and I cannot find it anymore.

All the other core 2 duo problems you find in a google search are just tard's using computers wrong.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=29321

I personally haven't noticed any bugs at all. All I have is a fast, stable, overclocked machine:)

The Quad cores have a B3 stepping, so I am wondering when the conroe will have a B3 (or different number greater than B2?) stepping also.

WickedWeasel said:
I'm referring to this bug

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33942

Are the conroes, being released, at week 34 now?

First off, this is not a reason to panic or not buy the chips, they are fine as is, the errata lists always get overblown by the !!!!!! set, and this one is no exception. This new stepping, called F step by one source - new stepping by another - is not a huge deal. Either way, it was recently green lighted.

Just wanted to make sure you were reading the very link you posted.

Every CPU, Intel or otherwise, has bugs. They are not 100% absolute pristine godly perfect. The bugs are just soooo insanely hard to actually hit and the penalty for doing so can be very insignificant, so they don't always get fixed or detected.

Are you one of those people still living in the "PENTIUM 1 MATH BUG" world? You do know that was VERY overblown, right?

SuperSubZero said:
Are you one of those people still living in the "PENTIUM 1 MATH BUG" world? You do know that was VERY overblown, right?
and with the implementation of updateable microcode it's much less of an issue. If the P1 had had it most of the world might never have known about that bug.

He's talking about the microminimus bug. He's from wicked weasel.
Google it.
ribs

Yeah the only bug I noticed was 2185$ just flew out of my pocket as I placed my order today... Fucking bug...

I noticed a huge bug with my Conroe,

FPS in games increased dramatically, now everything is smooth dam it!!

:rolleyes:

USMC2Hard4U said:
Yeah the only bug I noticed was 2185$ just flew out of my pocket as I placed my order today... Fucking bug...

Good to see ya again.

I guess when you pull in a product by 3+ months, you pay the price, and this is the price. End users will probably see all of no difference. µ

Much to do about nothing!

ryan_975 said:
and with the implementation of updateable microcode it's much less of an issue. If the P1 had had it most of the world might never have known about that bug.

Exactly, basically all cpu's have bugs that you wont even know about that are fixed via microcode, its normal.

Donnie27 said:
Good to see ya again.

How is everyone doin? :)

This conroe build should spark my interest in building PCs and such again. I was gone for along time.... the PC hardware sector has been so boring between 2002-2006 until conroe and now these DX10 cards... so im back :p

USMC2Hard4U said:

This conroe build should spark my interest in building PCs and such again. I was gone for along time.... the PC hardware sector has been so boring between 2002-2006 until conroe and now these DX10 cards... so im back :p

Dude - you're always snagging the latest & greatest gear - looks like the Corps isn't too bad on the pocket :p

Stay safe :)

USMC2Hard4U said:

Doing great! Each time I start getting bored with my C2D, find something new to play with. Hell, I even un-overclocked back to stock from 3GHz. A bud thought it was still overclocked LOL! My 3500+ was moved to the other side of the room, is nicely serving as my Wife's and my Number 2. Sooner or later it will get a 42 or 4400+ to replace the 3500+.

Back