Hauppauge wintv-hvr 1850 No picture

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my tuner in the mail, and for reasons I cant figure out, I get no display from the computer with the tuner installed. It doesnt matter what PCI express slot it goes in, none of them change anything. I tried with both the onboard video and my gpu, which both display fine without the card installed. I dont even think its posting, as the backlight on my keyboard and lights on my mouse do not come on like they do after a successful POST.

Do i just have a bad card or is there something im missing?

Thanks in advance

Ummm, that isn't good. No lights, no video, that's no POST. You have a definite hardware problem.

yeah thats what im thinking, but whats odd to me is that a tv tuner would just completely cripple my system, I figured something like that wouldnt cause the system to just not boot all together. Ive had experiences where parts would just die but itd still post fine and id only run into trouble once it booted. I guess my main problem is I dont have a motherboard/case speaker so i cant here if im getting any beeps and unfortunately my motherboard doesnt have any diagnostic lights on it

Back