HD3870X2 and New Version of Rivatuner

The old version of RivaTuner didn't detect my X2 properly, so I have just been using the ATI Overdrive tab to overclock. Had it set to 855/955.

Just got the new version and the X2 comes up, allows for fan changes, etc. So i turn on the hardware monitoring and jump in a game of UT3 and I get this staring back at me when I come back out.

It's showing that my core clock is only going up to 823 during gaming, and the memory clock isn't changing from 900. Think this is a bug in RivaTuner, or something with my card? The performance seems fine. And while the first core only gets to 61 degrees during gaming, i know the second core hits about 75-80, because it usually is up near there when i check after gaming in the overdrive tab. Plus, the GPU usage isn't up near 100% most of the time. Shouldn't it be?

I'm not sure what to make of this. Any help would be appreciated.

[EDIT] Fan duty cycle isn't detecting correctly either, I know I can hear it spin up during CoD4 but it still says 40% on the graph. I guess this version has a problem detecting stuff still?

Still detected and stayed at 823/900. I think something is wrong with the detection.

Also, if I set my core to anything over 860 through overdrive I get a hardlock, and if I set it above 860 in RivaTuner, it disables the overdrive panel in CCC, so I don't think it's really setting those clocks.

I agree. Both Rivatuner and ATITool have seemed to have issues keeping up with the latest cards lately. Now that I mention it, Everest doesn't properly detect my 3870X2's temps/speeds/etc either.
I think all the major architecture changes happen so quickly (compared to CPUs) that it's hard for the devs of those apps to keep up.

Back