Heatshrink? Alternatives to MDPC-X

Ricedaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all. I was trying to get some heatshrink and such from MDPC-X but due to Nils changing his hours and such, I'm having a lot of trouble getting stuff ordered.

What alternatives are we looking at with similar quality? I am considering FTWPC.

Not sure i'd go thru ftw, the owner recently moved plus is having issues getting orders out. Just do a search for 'GT group buy' & 'GT group buy shipping' threads over on OCN. Haven't checked that thread in a week so situation may have changed. Also he may be treating ftw customers a little better than the group buy members.

A good reliable alternative is 'techflex' 3:1 shrink. Not sure if they have 4:1 like nils, but i've used techflex shrink on 1 case & 2 psu's. You can have a look at my case build for pics (i'd provide a link but typing this on a mobile phone - search for 'TT blackbox').

'Wirecare' has pretty good prices for their techflex stuff, if ordering outside US, shipping will hurt a bit.

Not sure what kind of heat shrink you are looking for, because there are a bajillion different kinds, but:

Harbor Freight has a selection of it, both in assorted short pieces and long lengths. It's just generic stuff, but it works OK. I bought a long roll of it to use to bundle wires, instead of using tape.

Waytek Wire (waytek.com) has all kinds of stuff, including the good stuff. I bought some of the hi-shrink adhesive lined stuff from them recently for some wiring work on my truck. Their customer service is pretty good, too. They do have some minimums, but are generally fairly reasonable.

Back