Help me pick a MB!

Fors30

n00b
Hi there, been lurking this board for a few months now so this is my first post. Anyways I was hoping for some help deciding on which P35 MB to get. I have ordered everything except my MB and processor. I will be ordering a q6600 when I order the MB. I want to try and OC the q6600 to 3.4 or 3.6 ghz. Whatever board I get needs to be able to fit a tuniq tower and work with G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model as I have allready ordered these. Any information and help would be appreciated, thanks.

I had decided on an abit ip35 pro until today I found some info about the PWM getting very hot and having to do mods to correct that. I dont feel comfortable doing that so if it HAS to be done I guess that board is out for me. Anyone have much experience with this board and OCing the Q6600?

I should note that I am new to overclocking so I dont want any board that is not gonna be newb OC friendly, thanks.

well, that RAM does work very well with abit IP35s.
You should be OK with that overclock & it's only a few that have problems with high temps on the PWM due to poor contact.
Usually the people that do the bolt mod are people trying to absolutely max. their overclock i.e. shooting for more than 3.6GHz on a quad.

The IP35 series are user friendly plus there is a lot of forum support available for it.

From what I here Gigabyte is good, not my personal favorite.
I'd go with Asus or DFI;

Asus:
P5K EPU
P5K-E
P5K PRO

DFI:
LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS

Well thanks for the input guys, after much more research I did end up ordering the ip35 pro. I considered the DFI boards also but it seemed to me like I would need to be alot more knowledgable to OC on it. Hope the abit does me good!

Received my MB and processor today only other thing I am waiting on is my video card which should be here tommorow or thursday. Got the xfx 8800gts for 189 deal from tigerdirect and they FINALLY shipped it, long wait but worth it I think heh.

Anyways this is my first build ever, anyone got any tips or anything I should know before I start? Thanks.

what's the difference between the
DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS
and the
DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL

what's the difference between the
DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS
and the
DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL

they are both the same board just the DK is a full size board compared to the BloodIron's short width. the DK also has mosfet heatsinks.

Assuming I have a custom made wc +q6600, and want the absolute max with the CPU, what board should it be?

Back