Help me pick a new case!

kelim

Limp Gawd
Hi. I've been using the same case ever since I upgraded to C2D back when it first came out. It's taken a beating to say the least.

I'd like to get a new mid tower case, under 100 bucks. I need it to be black, silent, sturdy, and stylish. I have an 8800GTS 320 so it needs to be able to accommodate it's length as well.

Thanks in advance.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Going to get a bunch of Antec 300 or Lancool PC-K## recommendations since they're hard to beat at that price point.

As for silent that depends on what fans you put into it.
Ditch the TriCools, get a couple Yates (D12SL-12) for cheap and you should be happy with it. (Or better yet, some S-Flex.)

300 if you want a mid.

But the NZXT Tempest is a GREAT case! If you can control fans via software, you can make it silent!

Sonatas are hot boxes though, I wouldn't put a 8800GTS in one and expect decent temps.

The Sonata II/III have 1 intake fan mount but it's behind the HD cage inside the case (not inside the front panel). The Elite has no intake fans at all, but it does have the HD duct.

I wouldn't do a Sonata with a dedicated gpu.
Solo, maybe. At least that can have 2x92mm fans as intake.

You wanting full or mid? I'm a fan of both Antec 902 and 300 cases. Alota bang for not alota buck.

If you're a fan of Half-Life - try out the Xigmatek Midgard case. It's got a major cool Black outside with Black inside and Orange accessories. Plus the fans are naturally Xiggy's and they light up as orange too. Gives me the "Half-Life Effect" as I like to call it.

And on the plus side, it's not too loud. And can be obtained for roughly $80~90

If you're a fan of Half-Life - try out the Xigmatek Midgard case. It's got a major cool Black outside with Black inside and Orange accessories. Plus the fans are naturally Xiggy's and they light up as orange too. Gives me the "Half-Life Effect" as I like to call it.

And on the plus side, it's not too loud. And can be obtained for roughly $80~90
I assume someone else has already pointed out that this appears to be a sourced CM 690? Sorta like how ABS cases always look strikingly similar to LL.

Back