Help me pick out my 23 or 24 inch monitor.

Kraylon

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know of a 23 or 24 inch LCD that has a glossy screen instead of the flat screen? I have a Veiwsonic 19inch right now that is 3 ms but i am lookign to upgrade now that i have my Crossfire set up all finished. I am leaning toward the Sony SDM-P234/B but my other choices are the Samsung 244t-BK and the Acer AL2423Wdr. I don't think any of these have glossy screen. If there are no glossy large screen LCD monitors... of the 3 which would you pick? I am leaning towards the Sony since it has the .25 pixel pitch vs the .27 pixel pitch that is on the Acer and Samsung.

Thanks,

Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" Display.....look into it ! .....and no i havent seen any gloosy typr dcreen display out in a 24" model.

falconman515 said:
Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" Display.....look into it ! .....and no i havent seen any gloosy typr dcreen display out in a 24" model.

I personnally like the Sony but there wont be stock around much longer since they have been discontinued.

Also i dont know of any glossy 24 inchers until April 07.

travbomb said:
I personnally like the Sony but there wont be stock around much longer since they have been discontinued.

Also i dont know of any glossy 24 inchers until April 07.

Until April? Got a link of a preview?

No more stock of the Sony hunh... is that a good thing or a bad thing

Personally i've decided i want a screen with IPS panel. The cons of IPS supposedly are poor blacks and poor response times, however, i have a friend who has a Dell 2001FP which uses a much older IPS panel and I personally have no problem with that display, leading me to belive that i'll like a newer IPS even better.

I've bought and returned a Dell 2407 with S-PVA panel. I hated the "color wash / loss of detail when looking straight at it / sparkling problem" so much i can't describe how happy i was to see the delivery guy take it away.. No *VA panel for me please.

Since then i've been researching lots getting new favorites every day :)

The Philips 230WP7NS has now been my favorite for several days, with the NEC 20WGX2 on second place on account of it's 20" vs. 23" of the Phillips. Both are IPS panels, the NEC has glossy screen though.

Back