Help! Proper gaming resolution on 2405FPW

Tuvok

Gawd
Hi guys, I need your help. I have a Dell 2405FPW and I was wondering if it's possible to run this monitor at it's native resolution (1920x1200) and run games such as F1 2002 at 1024x768? In other words, is it possible to run the game at native resolution of 1920x1200 and have the game have black borders around the 1024x768 pixels? I dont want the game streched to full screen cause using its non-native resolution is blurry. Is this possible? If so, can you guys please tell me how?

Thanks.

Yes this is possible.

I know for me, I have to go into the NVidia control panel and and I can choose from a number of options. Stretch, stretch and keep aspect ratio and maintain resolution. The last one will stick the image in the center of the screen without stretching it.

Or dont mess with the drivers and go to the monitor menu and change the [Image settings] to aspect (make sure that u r not in native res when u do that :) ) I'm using that and it works for like a charm ;)

TehQuick said:
Or dont mess with the drivers and go to the monitor menu and change the [Image settings] to aspect (make sure that u r not in native res when u do that :) ) I'm using that and it works for like a charm ;)

Can you please tell me how the aspects settings? When I go into image settings, everything is all greyed out and I can't choose the aspect settings. I'm using DVI right now. Does this option work only via VGA connection?

Thanks.

Back