HELP! Related to H20..sorta.

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone who has removed their stock HSF from an X800XT or X850XT.... One of the screws on mine basically stripped when I took it off a while back. Now I'm selling the card to a friend and need to get another screw to get that HSF back on!!!!

Can anyone verify the width as ??? and the length as 5mm???? I've been to Lowes, Home Depot ,and Ace Hardware with no luck. I got some 8mm length screws that look like they're the right width, but certainly the wrong height. I need replacement screws by Saturday or Im screwed.

Thanks in advance

P.S. The Stacker bulds up ALOT of dust if you don't clean her regularly LOL

If its the same screw only longer then simply put a nut on it, cut to desired length, then unscrew the nut. The nut is used to straighten out the threads after it has been cut, so don't skip that step.

Thanks, but no can do. My dremel is down for the count for some reason. Won't charge anymore. Also, I test fit the screws and they were slightly too wide. I don't know what to do. I've been Googling X800 screws and all I've found are people that had the same problem as me, of the heads stripping. I need to know the exact size and maybe I'll get a chance at ordering from McMaster Carr overnight or something.

Without the video card, my friend's build goes nowhere.

Go to your nearest hobby shop that sells r/c and match the screws.

Great! Thanks. I never would've thought of that! MIght have to be tomorrow though, 6:44 here.

Yeah I did. Thanks for the tip. I don't remember the size anymore, but they had them.
$.50 lol

I'll be making the 2 1/2 hour trip to my buddy's house tomorrow to build his rig for him. He bought himself a Thermaltake Tsunami, and the mobo, proc, 2 80 gig hdds, memory, and video card are going in it. I've got an AMD X2 3800+, DFI Expert, and will be ordering an X1800XT and some G.Skill HZ's (2 gig) for my own upgrade.

Back